Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in.

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in. #1  

pwright

Gold Member
Tractor
2012 Bobcat CT225
My new rake showed up at the freight depot in Albuquerque on Saturday and yesterday we made the 5 hour round trip drive to pick it up.

Here it is on the trailer. I guess it started out well wrapped with black plastic but by the time it made ABQ there were just a couple tatters hanging on to it.

Rake on Pallet.jpg

Good looking unit and sure looks sturdy. I appreciate that it came with nice pins for hooking it to the 3 pt. A little disappointed that it didn't come with a manual. My inexpensive Land Pride implements all came with manuals. Some torque specs for the gauge wheel bolts would be nice.

Rake on Tractor.jpg

Rake on Ground.jpg

Gonna be busy for the next few days so won't have time to play with it but I expect that it will work like my other one just better.

Thanks to everyone at Everything Attachments for getting it out to me so quickly.

Original thread deciding on which rake to get.

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in. #2  
I was very glad I purchased the wheel kit with mine. ETA has a video about the rake with a brief blurb about using the top, sliding mount; I have not used it yet and am not certain how it is supposed to work or how to set it up. Mine works great as a "regular" rake with the wheels.

Agree about the manual. I just tighten my gauge wheel assembly very snugly and it works okay.

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in.
I'm really hoping that the gauge wheels will eliminate, or mostly eliminate, the whoops that can happen when I'm smoothing out the road in the wash. I watched the video and my takeaway was that you set up the wheels to get your correct depth, the lower 3 pt arms to get the rake level and the length of your top link such that the pin sits in the middle of the slot. This would allow the rake to articulate a little around the lower mounts if going over mounds or through dips. Maybe. Once again, a manual might have provided that kind of information.

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in. #4  
Wow - I'm jealous! That looks like its going to be a nice set-up for you! How much extra were the gauge wheels?

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in. #5  
Looks like that thing is gonna get a workout. You got a lotta rock there!

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in. #6  
Phil the weather should be good this week to try it out. Hope it works for you

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in. #7  
After smoothing out the bumps in New Mexico, then what?!:thumbsup: Nice rig.

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in.
Wow - I'm jealous! That looks like its going to be a nice set-up for you! How much extra were the gauge wheels?

The gauge wheels where $320. More than I paid for my old rake. :laughing:

Looks like that thing is gonna get a workout. You got a lotta rock there!

Yeah. Rock is something I've got lots of.

Phil the weather should be good this week to try it out. Hope it works for you

I keep hoping some of these clouds passing by would drop a little moisture. Using a rake when it is dry makes for a lot of dust.

After smoothing out the bumps in New Mexico, then what?!:thumbsup: Nice rig.

Thanks. I'll be content with just smoothing out my little portion of NM.

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in. #9  
I'm really hoping that the gauge wheels will eliminate, or mostly eliminate, the whoops that can happen when I'm smoothing out the road in the wash. I watched the video and my takeaway was that you set up the wheels to get your correct depth, the lower 3 pt arms to get the rake level and the length of your top link such that the pin sits in the middle of the slot. This would allow the rake to articulate a little around the lower mounts if going over mounds or through dips. Maybe. Once again, a manual might have provided that kind of information.

Using the gauge wheels fixed my "peaks and valleys" issues (hoop-d-doos?) and allowed for a very smooth, level surface. I could not have done the fine job it turned out to be without the wheels. There are TBN folks who say they can get a fine surface without the wheels, but I am certainly not one of those and it sounds like you are not either :).

/ Got my EA Severe EXtreme Landscape Rake in. #10  
Nice looking piece of kit ... :thumbsup: