Got my new woodstove put in today

/ Got my new woodstove put in today #1  

Happy Gilmore

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 5610 Ford 4630 Ford 3930 MFWD w/ 7310 loader Ford 3930 Kubota BX1500 Kubota RTV 900XT Kubota F2680E 72"RD Ford 4610 Kubota KX121-3
Picked up my new Jotul Kennebec 450 wood stove insert yesterday and today I had it installed. We ran the 6" SS liner to the top of the chimney. The old Heatilator had to be notched out for the liner and we put in a block off plate. Install came out real nice.

It was a new, leftover, discontinued unit, that I picked up for $1000 from a local stove shop. The current model has a single door, I actually prefer the double. Heck for a $2000 savings I really like the double door.

image-1054007726.jpg image-526206017.jpg image-4195050814.jpg

/ Got my new woodstove put in today #2  
Looks nice! Jotul makes good stuff.

/ Got my new woodstove put in today
Thanks Dave, I really like it. I'm just waiting on the blower kit to come in, when the shop ordered it, Jotul sent them just the blower, not the whole kit.

/ Got my new woodstove put in today #4  
Thanks Dave, I really like it. I'm just waiting on the blower kit to come in, when the shop ordered it, Jotul sent them just the blower, not the whole kit.

The blower makes a big difference on an insert. Just about a necessity to get the best use of insert stoves. My son in Framingham, MA converted an open fireplace to an insert with blower, it makes nice heat.

Hopefully it'll be in sooner than later, but for the deal I got, I won't complain too much just yet. I'm just excited to finally have a stove. I haven't been able to do any firewood this year with my bad knee, but I have 3 cord coming this weekend. It's already brought the temperature up a couple degrees downstairs in the last 2 hours without the blower. I'm sure the blower will help that along nicely.

Just did a midnight run to the wood pile, the little BX has a full bucket at the back door. I'm figuring the blower will be for really cold days or when I'm not sitting in the living room, for long periods of time, it is really toasty in here. I like it!

/ Got my new woodstove put in today #8  
Sweet - nice score :thumbsup:

/ Got my new woodstove put in today #9  
Very nice. I have been burning wood for 30 years. Last year I put in a Jotul Firelight. Love that stove. The Norwegians know there stuff when it comes to making woodstoves! :D

/ Got my new woodstove put in today #10  
Nice looking stove!
Careful on that knee when the 3 cords get there - take it slow!