Got our 2018 New Holland Boomer 40 cab home!

/ Got our 2018 New Holland Boomer 40 cab home! #1  

RustyA

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 40 Cab
New holland.jpg

Got our new baby home this weekend after 21 years with a JD 1070 open station. Looking forward to snowplowing with a heated cab:) First observations are that the cab is very quiet even at 2000 rpm when driving. Hydrostat seems pretty quiet unless in high range driving on a grade. Telescoping links are great for hooking up back blade. Due to the distance from the front tires to front of bucket it's pretty tippy with a load in bucket and nothing on 3-point. Once I put my 7 ft heavy duty back blade on it was better but I think ballast in tires will be a must due to leverage the extended boom loader puts on this tractor. Fit and finish is excellent, all controls are smooth and easy to operate. HVAC controls are nice as you can choose defrost, blend, or vent modes. Sure defrost mode will be nice to keep windshield clear when plowing snow. Both front and rear hydraulics seem very smooth, especially for a brand new tractor that's not broken in. I'll keep you posted as time goes on but so far I'm very satisfied with tractor and dealer.

/ Got our 2018 New Holland Boomer 40 cab home! #2  
Nothing equals a cab in the winter. Question, Is your tractor built by LS? Does Fiat build small tractors themselves? Some will say LOAD REAR TIRES. Unless you perform extensive loader work and do a lot of mowing, It does NOT work for me.

My tractor is plenty heavy for snow pushing and a rear implement is plenty of balance/ballast. You did not state your location, but with our non-existent spring, the mowed areas remained very wet, even into last week. So the extra weight of loaded tires is just not in my interest. Good luck w/ the tractor.

/ Got our 2018 New Holland Boomer 40 cab home!
Yes this is an LS built tractor Mitron 1.9 turbo with New Holland loader. Rear wheels are not pre-drilled for weights so tire ballast is my only option. Based on how this tractor felt with a 700 lb snowmobile in the bucket I'm sure I will ballast the tires...would not move without engaging front axle and bucket dragged on ground on sloped gravel driveway...pucker moment:)

/ Got our 2018 New Holland Boomer 40 cab home! #4  
Great tractor!! Your going to love that cab!!

We have 3 LS tractors in our family. XJ2025 (100 hrs), XR3135 (50 hrs) and my XR4155 (700 hrs). All are great tractors with no real problems ( had a tack weld break on the cowling, replaced under warranty).

Take a close look at the under belly. Depending on your uses you may want to put some armor under there. I brush hog a lot so I put a 3/16th plate on top of the loader frame. Easy on and off for servicing with 4 bolts.

Our other tractor is also an LS made Montana 5470. 10 years old, one alternator, one battery and one fuel tank caused by stick puncture when brushcutting. That fuel tank was pricey but new one now has a homemade skid plate to prevent punctures:) It's been a great tractor.

/ Got our 2018 New Holland Boomer 40 cab home! #6  
Rusty does your Boomer have a 4wd indicator light?

I bought the same tractor, maybe from the same dealer, and I was in 4wd and didn't realize it. No indicator light. Looking at the owners manual it doesn't show one but the cluster test cycle shows one.

/ Got our 2018 New Holland Boomer 40 cab home! #7  
I had RimGuard put in my rear tires when I bought it in 2009. Has worked exceptionally well for me all these nine years. I also always run with my trusty 1100 pound Rhino rear blade on the 3-point.

Cataclysm mentioned it but if you plan on going out in the "rough" - I would sure want to fabricate a shield to protect all your FEL hydraulics hanging down in your pic.

Nice tractor - be careful and enjoy.

I also noticed that there is no indicator light when 4wd is engaged, but there is a light that proves out during key cycle. Assuming that cluster is used in other models that show 4wd engagement. I have also forgotten it's engaged and now make a note to check on startup.

/ Got our 2018 New Holland Boomer 40 cab home! #9  
Congrats! I have a boomer 54d with a cab. It is awesome in the winter! I have rim guard in the rear tires.