Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges.

/ Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges. #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
   / Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges. #2  
   / Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges. #3  
The bridge is fine, just the side rails are tacky with really no hand rails. But, the bridge is in Poland. In the USA, communities have walk bridges that are disabled friendly.

Good use and ideas really. I wonder if the blades could be used in the creek below to help prevent soil erosion by making little pools for water-life to flourish.

/ Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges. #4  
The bridge is fine, just the side rails are tacky with really no hand rails. But, the bridge is in Poland. In the USA, communities have walk bridges that are disabled friendly.

Good use and ideas really. I wonder if the blades could be used in the creek below to help prevent soil erosion by making little pools for water-life to flourish.
Like stop logs in a trout stream?

Probably. I used to work at a man-made whitewater course. Our "boulders" were fiberglass cubes.

/ Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges. #5  
Government regulations should state that if the manufacturer cann,t come up with a safe way to re-cycle the product they make, then it should not be allowed, by law, to manufacture them.

/ Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges. #6  
Government regulations should state that if the manufacturer cann,t come up with a safe way to re-cycle the product they make, then it should not be allowed, by law, to manufacture them.
Would that apply to children

Attachments

• 1645039214987.png
    1645039214987.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 62
   / Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges. #8  
So will nuclear power plants be shut down until they come up with a way to re-cycle nuclear waste?

/ Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges. #9  
Well they eventually decompose…a lot faster than fiberglass unless embalmed.
And that reminds me of when my dad and I were shopping for caskets for my recently deceased mother. The salesman was telling us about the different levels of seals. Airtight for 30-40-50 years depending on what you bought. And sitting in a cement vault. And under 6' of earth. My dad looked at the salesman and said "Who's gonna check?"

We went with a nice mid-range casket in a color she was fond of. She'd have thought it was silly, too.

/ Got wind turbine blades? Build bridges. #10  
The government is the only reason they get built. Tax credits make it work for investment groups.
Without the huge subsidies from the taxpayers they wouldn't exist.