Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #171  

Snobdds

Elite Member
Tractor
MF gc1710, Cat 305C
Geeze...you sure learned how to misinterpret, misconstrue and misrepresent what someone posts...you would benefit greatly if you learned not to assume things not implied...

Just be more careful around me...don't leave anything up to misinterpret, misconstrue or misrepresent.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #172  

2manyrocks

Elite Member
Because the normal guy thinks they're a filter that prevents flow. They just rip them out, then the bonfires are fun again.

There's a recent video on YouTube where the guy removes the flame arrestor from what looked to me like a new can. Interesting that so years of debate went by before they started putting flame arrestors in the plastic cans, and there's this guy already taking one out.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #173  

/pine

Super Star Member
Just be more careful around me...don't leave anything up to misinterpret, misconstrue or misrepresent.
That's a personal problem...
...and you do that with the obvious...hate to think what you would do with something more perplexing...
see if you can understand this without thinking it's written in Russian or something...hold a lit cigarette directly at the mouth of a partially filled gas container...it will go out because the vapors displace the O2 in the air...(WARNING...don't try it with a lit match)

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #174  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I was in the local general store last Friday and saw that they're selling 5 gallon cans with vents again. I didn't look them over that closely but did determine that the vent cover doesn't unscrew the way they used to.

One of my biggest beefs about unvented, aside from the obvious fact that they don't work; is that with changing temps even over the course of a day, they either expand or contract. over time this compromises the plastic and they need to be replaced.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #175  

Snobdds

Elite Member
Tractor
MF gc1710, Cat 305C
That's a personal problem...
...and you do that with the obvious...hate to think what you would do with something more perplexing...
see if you can understand this without thinking it's written in Russian or something...hold a lit cigarette directly at the mouth of a partially filled gas container...it will go out because the vapors displace the O2 in the air...(WARNING...don't try it with a lit match)

You're a glutton for punishment.

Before we begin...what mechanism is displacing the vapors in the can?

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #176  

Snobdds

Elite Member
Tractor
MF gc1710, Cat 305C
It's not magic either...

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #177  

/pine

Super Star Member
You're a glutton for punishment.
Before we begin...what mechanism is displacing the vapors in the can?
punishment??...yeah my gut is killing me...!
There you go again...making assumptions about factors that are not implied or need to be...
Granted the ambient (FYI that means now, surrounding) temperature and humidity are minor factors...

BTW glad to see you've learned a little from the last time we chatted...you seem to have learned the difference between your and you're...congratulations...I guess you hadn't previously learned that attending community collage...most of us got it in 8th grade English class...LoL...!

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #178  

Snobdds

Elite Member
Tractor
MF gc1710, Cat 305C
word salad...

I'm just confused on your physics understanding.

If gas vapor is heavier than air...what is displacing the air?

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #179  

/pine

Super Star Member
word salad...

I'm just confused on your physics understanding.

If gas vapor is heavier than air...what is displacing the air?
LoL...I know you're confused...it quite obvious...
feeling sorry for you..so here's a hint...gasoline evaporates....!

Status
Not open for further replies.