Grammar Air Ride Seat 5740

/ Grammar Air Ride Seat 5740 #1  

TripleR

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford
Thanks to fabrication by Paul (4shorts) and installation by my brother, I finally have my 4shorts air ride conversion seat. Weather hasn't permitted me to try it out yet, but it sure looks good.

The craftsmanship on the finished product has to be seen to be believed, Paul is an artist with metal and a really great guy. Thanks Paul

Attachments

• pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 722
  • pic9.jpg
    pic9.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 555
  • pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 544
  • pic12.jpg
    pic12.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 619
  • photo 1-e1.jpg
    photo 1-e1.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 593
  • photo 2-e2.jpg
    photo 2-e2.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 666
  • photo 3-e3.jpg
    photo 3-e3.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 662
  • photo 4-e4.jpg
    photo 4-e4.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 819
   / Grammar Air Ride Seat 5740 #2  
Looks real nice Larry. Bet it will feel better too.

/ Grammar Air Ride Seat 5740
   / Grammar Air Ride Seat 5740 #4  
Wow. It looks great! Sure is nice to finally see it in your tractor. Oh man just wait until you try it, you'll be spoiled.
I'm surprised you have the vinyl headrest. Did you order it that way?
Thank you so much for trusting me with your expensive tractor part. I know it must be tough to see someone cut it up :laughing:
Glad it worked out. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919.7 KB · Views: 520
Paul, anyone who has seen your work would be happy to have you work on their machinery.

I was surprised to see the headrest too. I have had it for several months and never even opened the box. I would have preferred cloth I think, but I may put a slip on cover anyway as my old seat got pretty dirty even with the cab.

I may just go out to my brother's shop and set in it making tractor noises. He is still working on brush guards right now.

Thanks for your help.:)

/ Grammar Air Ride Seat 5740 #6  
Paul, anyone who has seen your work would be happy to have you work on their machinery.

I was surprised to see the headrest too. I have had it for several months and never even opened the box. I would have preferred cloth I think, but I may put a slip on cover anyway as my old seat got pretty dirty even with the cab.

I may just go out to my brother's shop and set in it making tractor noises. He is still working on brush guards right now.

Thanks for your help.:)

Thanks so much. It was a pleasure to be involved getting it done. As for the head rest, If I remember correctly there was a part number for fabric and a number for vinyl. You should contact the distribution and ask for the replacement. Nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)

/ Grammar Air Ride Seat 5740 #7  
Great job on the fabrication looks better than factory wish I could get one for my 5240 as well, but kitchen redo has me completely drained. I'm sure you will get many hours of enjoyment from this mod. Great job 4-shorts. Having worked for a fabricator for 27 years that is some fine craftsmanship . TripleR you probably have seen some of our work.

Great job on the fabrication looks better than factory wish I could get one for my 5240 as well, but kitchen redo has me completely drained. I'm sure you will get many hours of enjoyment from this mod. Great job 4-shorts. Having worked for a fabricator for 27 years that is some fine craftsmanship . TripleR you probably have seen some of our work.[/QUOTE]

What would that be, that sort of thing really interests me; maybe because I can't do it. As a youngster, I built some grain and farm trailers, but it consisted of just cutting parts and welding them together; simple stuff.

/ Grammar Air Ride Seat 5740 #9  
We fabricated and installed jail equipment all over the country. The cell doors, operators, bar grating cell furniture etc. I worked there until it closed. We also built bridges and buildings but that was mainly the east coast. We fabricated the steel for the National Air and Space Building in DC. Have two gun cabinets we made with jail locks and hinges on them now. Wife has a jail key that holds all of her other keys, kinda of conversation piece. In the 80s the company did 35 million dollars worth in sales a year

We fabricated and installed jail equipment all over the country. The cell doors, operators, bar grating cell furniture etc. I worked there until it closed. We also built bridges and buildings but that was mainly the east coast. We fabricated the steel for the National Air and Space Building in DC. Have two gun cabinets we made with jail locks and hinges on them now. Wife has a jail key that holds all of her other keys, kinda of conversation piece. In the 80s the company did 35 million dollars worth in sales a year

Yep, I'm sure I've seen it being installed or in use as I had to go to a lot of correctional facilities and jails. Several were built in the last few years. The last one was a Level Five Maximum Security Prison in Mississippi County, man I hate jails and prisons; never got use to being locked up.