Grapple #2

scaredychicken

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018),Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969)
you need to move far west young man ... Like Washington State :) then I'd have a half a chance of buying one

Williy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT 235C Yannar YRC 60 rotary cutter, Yanmar RT72 rotary tiller B75 Backhoe & bucket & thumb

BoylermanCT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Montana R2844, Hustler X-One
Thank you

I think about $200 in material including cylinder and hoses , labor wasn't too bad but way more grinding than really needed as I traced a wooden template with the plasma cutter. Of course the material is up now. I now have some CAD drawings so I can have the parts cut on a cnc plasma table which will eliminate a lot of hand work and make it go together much faster. I plan on building them and selling them for sub 35hp tractors. I'll get enough parts cut to build two at a time. Thank you
How much do they weigh, and how much for one? I live a couple hours from you in CT and am in the market for a 48" grapple. PM me if you want.

OP
D

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
How much do they weigh, and how much for one? I live a couple hours from you in CT and am in the market for a 48" grapple. PM me if you want.
I'm not sure on both accounts with the price of steel right now. I tried to keep it light enough for our smaller tractors. I am in the process of getting parts cut with a cnc plasma table. I will give you a shout once I get prices.
I have used mine extensively and love it, I don't think it weights 200#

OP
D

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
When I can get some time I think will try make one of
these as you don't remove your bucket: Single Add-A-Grapple for Sale - Ask Tractor Mike-Ozark, MO
probably cost $500 or less for parts cylinder & valve
less than $300 any ideas?????

willy
I built a similar set up on my last tractor, it puts a tremendous amount of stress on the top of the bucket (bent mine and had to install a heavy angle iron to reinforce it) plus you can't see through the bucket. One thing I also did with it was to add some short forks in the corners of the bucket, that helped a lot. After looking at your pic again, I suppose if you set your relief low it might be OK. Shot around for cylinders, ebay has some decent deals for smaller ones.

tractorcrazy

Silver Member
Built this for a friend of mine.
This one I built out of 3/8 steel, 6" stroke x 2" bore cylinder
even the tubing is 3/8 wall. It should serve him for many years.
VyO5MSf.jpg

D9TYVsol.jpg

HVA64Fnl.jpg

Attachments

• 20191218_131021.jpg
    20191218_131021.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 49

Williy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT 235C Yannar YRC 60 rotary cutter, Yanmar RT72 rotary tiller B75 Backhoe & bucket & thumb
You don't attach anything to the center of bucket its
bolted on the top sides of the bucket

willy