grass catcher needed for a YTH 1542 XP (South East Queensland)

/ grass catcher needed for a YTH 1542 XP (South East Queensland) #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
A long shot, but after all these years we suddenly have a need for a grass catcher for our Husky. Unfortunately they are very hard to come by now but someone in South East Queensland may come to our rescue.
The problem is not grass but leaves and we are getting too old to rake them every other day.
We have had the mower since about 2003 and it has never given us a moments trouble. It has the Kawasaki Twin motor.
So if you can help us find a catcher and discharge tubes etc we would be grateful. Naturally we will pay a fair price depending on condition. :)

/ grass catcher needed for a YTH 1542 XP (South East Queensland) #2  
I don't see any reason a new bagger wouldn't fit your machine. I don't believe the deck opening or the mount to the chassis has changed any.

/ grass catcher needed for a YTH 1542 XP (South East Queensland)
I don't see any reason a new bagger wouldn't fit your machine. I don't believe the deck opening or the mount to the chassis has changed any.

Yes it has changed considerably and herein lies the problem. The bags and holder are not the problem. The decks are different shapes, hence totally different discharge tubes.

Yes, it's easy to find the Bags etc but the discharge tubes and attachments are the problem. We have had no luck. Dealers have been helpful though.

/ grass catcher needed for a YTH 1542 XP (South East Queensland) #6  
I don't understand,
My three bin bagger came with everything discharge tubes and adapters-and cost me 350 USD-I just bought it 3 years ago and my mower was already 7-8 years old. May be a regional parts and attachment availability issue. Glad I live in the US....

Good luck.

Thanks mate. We have all but given up. One dealer was very helpful and went out of his way to look for one for us but came up empty handed.
Next time I will buy it with a new mower. I have advertised on Gum Tree etc but no nibbles there either.

/ grass catcher needed for a YTH 1542 XP (South East Queensland) #8  
The lower pipe that attaches to the deck is the same part number from 1997 to current in the parts diagrams. I don't see why a new one wouldn't work. Then again I didn't see you are from Australia..... Not familiar with non-US versions! Sorry!

Apparently the mounting points changed but I was willing to do some modifications if necessary. Next season I will take the mower on a trailer so I can compare for myself. I have to do something. It is getting to be too much for us and we don't want to sell the property.