Greasing my L4060

/ Greasing my L4060 #1  

coupman35

Gold Member
Tractor
Now a L4060 had B2650
Did my greasing today for the first time today did seem like id did not find them all .Is there any grease fitting on the trottel petal , find about 9 on the loader , 2 under the front the front axcel and 3 at the back 3 point . Am i missing some.

/ Greasing my L4060 #2  
Maybe consult your operators manual?
You may have a front axle pivot to grease with a very tight 7MM pipe plug to remove.
Again,check the instructions.
Good Luck!

/ Greasing my L4060 #3  
The Kubota Operator's Manual shows location of all grease zeros.

Last edited:
   / Greasing my L4060 #4  
The Operator's Manual shows location of all grease zeros.
Not necessarily... my Owner Manual (JD 4105, bought 2013, last year of manufacture) showed two front axel grease nipples which had been eliminated and did not show two nipples underneath for the FWD/REV foot-pedals. This was due to the expense of upgrading the manual.
As part of my original purchase, my 50hr. servicing was done (on site) by my Dealership's Mobile Service ute, who showed me the FWD/REV nipples. Even then, he was not aware of the 'missing' front axel nipples... that took some further investigation on my own.
As I've said many times on TBN (almost a mantra, really) If it moves and has a nipple, grease it. If it moves, but doesn't have a nipple, spray it (lanolin based product). Torque/tighten anything (bolt or nut) that you can reach at least once a year.

/ Greasing my L4060 #5  
Grease fittings on the loader should appear in the loader manual, not the tractor operator manual. There should be an even number of them. The sides are mirror images for locations. Note that the frequency is supposed to be ten hours for the loader. Don't forget to torque your wheels and the loader attachment bolts.

/ Greasing my L4060 #6  
The front axle plug needs to be removed before greasing the axle. When you see grease coming out of the hole, your done. It won't take much grease. Mine was 1/2 pump on the grease gun.

/ Greasing my L4060
That all good info guy thanks .But i never found the ones on the pedal under. Il have to look again.The manuel show them .