Great lake boats, a good video

/ Great lake boats, a good video
Back to great lake bulk freighters. How did coal get loaded into the lake freighter holds when that fuel was being used? Here is a video that addresses that. At least as coal scrolls go. I had no idea!

The Algoma Conveyor is parked at the north entry tonight and I suspect will come down the canal to our town, to dump salt in the morning.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #536  
Looks like the Wilfred Sykes is nearby you heading to nearby me in Burns Harbor by September 27. That is a good looking ship!

Looks like the Wilfred Sykes is nearby you heading to nearby me in Burns Harbor by September 27. That is a good looking ship!

Hard to believe that ship is over 70 yrs old. I believe most traditional (pilot house in the bow) great lake freighters are , or older.

Hard to believe that ship is over 70 yrs old. I believe most traditional (pilot house in the bow) great lake freighters are , or older.
I believe there is a ship out there that was converted to a articulated tug-ship that's over 100yo. Fresh water is goooooood.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #538  
I believe there is a ship out there that was converted to a articulated tug-ship that's over 100yo. Fresh water is go
St Mary's challenger? Small size kept it around so long able to navigate rivers to cement plants. Someone told me the boiler or turbine was failing so the made it into a barge instead of scrapping it. Saw it up close a few times as it would navigate the kk river in Milwaukee to the lafarge silos. Kind of a shame they butchered it.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #539