?????? GROAN 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / ?????? GROAN 2 #111  
That is the 1st story I’ve ever heard of a fire station burning down.
Back in the mid-60s I was staying overnight at my cousin's place, above the family restaurant in downtown Syracuse, IN, and awoke to a ruckus across the street. The fire house was on fire, and it burnt nearly to the ground before the North Webster brigade got there. They lost everything. I heard later that it was caused by bad wiring.

/ ?????? GROAN 2 #112  
sign if.jpg

/ ?????? GROAN 2 #114  
Back in the mid-60s I was staying overnight at my cousin's place, above the family restaurant in downtown Syracuse, IN, and awoke to a ruckus across the street. The fire house was on fire, and it burnt nearly to the ground before the North Webster brigade got there. They lost everything. I heard later that it was caused by bad wiring.
That is the 2nd story I’ve ever heard of a fire station burning down.

Not from the news, not from YouTube, nothing in the movies, not even a rumor. I wonder if this is a sign... one more eyewitness testimony on this subject and I’m heading to the state border to buy a lottery ticket! :D

/ ?????? GROAN 2 #117  
I really decided I need to exercise more, so got up early this morning and took a walk around the block. Wore me out. Then my wife came in and put the block back in the kids toy box.

/ ?????? GROAN 2 #119  
That is the 1st story I’ve ever heard of a fire station burning down.

I think I saw a report years ago of another one. To add insult to injury the official cause of fire was "extension cord draped over a nail" in the truck bay.

/ ?????? GROAN 2 #120  
I just figured out how to make people miss me when I die and wish I was still alive......

Borrow money from them.
If you die with a million dollars, you lost it all.
If you owe a million when you die, you die a millionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.