Groan part quatre

/ Groan part quatre #4,021  

/pine

Super Star Member
A lawyer gets to heaven and is met at the gate by St Peter, who asks him to sit in his golf cart (it is heaven!) while he is driven to his new house. As they drive, they pass block after block of the same tract houses and St Peter points some out. "That's where Pope John-Paul II lives." "That's Dr Salk's house." That's Gandhi's home."

After a while, they pull up to the gates of a mansion and St Peter drives up the beautifully landscaped driveway and says. "This is your new home."

"But", says the lawyer, "all those great people live in tract houses and I get this mansion. What did I do that was so special?"

"You're our first lawyer."

/ Groan part quatre #4,023  

turnkey4099

Elite Member
Look. I dropped out of High School (early Grade 11)... in order to join the Navy. I was a cocky 16/17 year old who wouldn't/couldn't understand what algebra (at a minimum) would do for my future. My grades sucked because of this, but my enlistment aptitude tests indicated that I was 'intelligent'.

The Navy, after Recruit training, sent me right back to school. 😄 As a potential Electronics Technician, they taught me algebra in order to understand how electronic/electrical circuits functioned... and it stuck because I now had something to apply the mathematics to.

And Navy continued to send me 'back to school' over my career. I eventually ended up with an Advanced Diploma (Bachelor equivalent) in Electronics upon retirement. It's all about the application of education. (I also completed my GED for High school)

In HS I aced every math and science course. About 5 years later in the AF I signed up for a correspondence course in solid geometry. Unfortunatly, that course required a good grounding in plane geometry. I had forgotten almost all of it. I gave up after the 2nd lesson.

/ Groan part quatre #4,024  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
math-calvin.jpg

Bruce