?????? GROAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / ?????? GROAN #2,841  
Over here they are called Jandals, a marketing name dreamed up in the mid 1950s. A mixture of the words Japanese Sandals. I always thought that Thongs were a string type of undergarment that I'm told some women wear.

/ ?????? GROAN #2,842  
"Jandals"? I did not know that. And NZ is within waving distance of Tassie (latitude/Tasman Sea-wise).

🇳🇿🇦🇺

/ ?????? GROAN #2,843  
Remember when:

telling friends you were going to town to buy a pair of thongs

and returning with footwear (now called flip-flops)
Over here they are called Jandals, a marketing name dreamed up in the mid 1950s. A mixture of the words Japanese Sandals. I always thought that Thongs were a string type of undergarment that I'm told some women wear.
AKA

Butt floss

Last edited:
   / ?????? GROAN #2,844  
Since this is the GROAN thread:

It was post war Australia; a young man was driving his car through a remote desert area when the engine stalled. He was miles from any town; stranded, he began to contemplate his chances of walking out on his own when he saw a plume of dust in the distance. As it drew nearer, he could see that it was a chauffeur driven limousine. The limousine pulled up beside the young man and the chauffeur motioned for him to get in.

“Bring your things” said the driver, “the Master will send for your car later”.

The chauffeur drove the young man to a magnificent mansion; oddly and strangely located in such a remote desert area.

“Come up to the house” directed the chauffeur, “I will introduce you to the Master”, which he did. The Master was a middle aged, very distinguished gentleman, well dressed and very formal.

“We have prepared a room for you; dinner will be at seven…please be prompt. We also dress for dinner; the closet I believe will be sufficient for your needs”.

The young man did as he was told; and went down to dinner promptly at seven. He was introduced to the Lady of the house and her beautiful daughter. In fact, they were both incredibly beautiful and looked enough alike to be twins. The dinner and conversation were both pleasant, and the young man went up to his room and retired. In about an hour or so, he was awakened by a knock at his door. He opened the door and was greeted by a young woman…who immediately said, in a quiet voice, “Please, don’t turn on the lights”. She eased into his bed, and they proceeded to get much better acquainted.

He was puzzled, however, as to whether it was the mother or the daughter that he had entertained; however, he was sure that at breakfast he would be able to determine which it was. Much to his surprise, neither gave even the slightest hint, and again that night at dinner, he was still undecided which lady it was.

That night, and again for a third night, the same scene; a knock at the door, and the same admonishment: “Please, don’t turn on the lights”. And again, they became better acquainted. And true to the previous days’ events, he was not offered even the slightest hint as to the identity of the lady he had so eagerly entertained.

The next morning at breakfast, the Master told the young man that his car was ready, serviced and filled with gasoline and that he could be on his way. He thanked the Master; gathered his things and proceeded out to his car, followed by the Master. Having said their goodbyes, the Master turned to the young man, and said:

“I suppose you are wondering why we live in this style so far from any other human habitation. I believe you have the right to know, so I will tell you. You see, we have another daughter, and she has leprosy”.

/ ?????? GROAN
#2,845  
BIG
Groan m.jpg

/ ?????? GROAN #2,846  
Since this is the GROAN thread:

It was post war Australia; a young man was driving his car through a remote desert area when the engine stalled. He was miles from any town; stranded, he began to contemplate his chances of walking out on his own when he saw a plume of dust in the distance. As it drew nearer, he could see that it was a chauffeur driven limousine. The limousine pulled up beside the young man and the chauffeur motioned for him to get in.

“Bring your things” said the driver, “the Master will send for your car later”.

The chauffeur drove the young man to a magnificent mansion; oddly and strangely located in such a remote desert area.

“Come up to the house” directed the chauffeur, “I will introduce you to the Master”, which he did. The Master was a middle aged, very distinguished gentleman, well dressed and very formal.

“We have prepared a room for you; dinner will be at seven…please be prompt. We also dress for dinner; the closet I believe will be sufficient for your needs”.

The young man did as he was told; and went down to dinner promptly at seven. He was introduced to the Lady of the house and her beautiful daughter. In fact, they were both incredibly beautiful and looked enough alike to be twins. The dinner and conversation were both pleasant, and the young man went up to his room and retired. In about an hour or so, he was awakened by a knock at his door. He opened the door and was greeted by a young woman…who immediately said, in a quiet voice, “Please, don’t turn on the lights”. She eased into his bed, and they proceeded to get much better acquainted.

He was puzzled, however, as to whether it was the mother or the daughter that he had entertained; however, he was sure that at breakfast he would be able to determine which it was. Much to his surprise, neither gave even the slightest hint, and again that night at dinner, he was still undecided which lady it was.

That night, and again for a third night, the same scene; a knock at the door, and the same admonishment: “Please, don’t turn on the lights”. And again, they became better acquainted. And true to the previous days’ events, he was not offered even the slightest hint as to the identity of the lady he had so eagerly entertained.

The next morning at breakfast, the Master told the young man that his car was ready, serviced and filled with gasoline and that he could be on his way. He thanked the Master; gathered his things and proceeded out to his car, followed by the Master. Having said their goodbyes, the Master turned to the young man, and said:

“I suppose you are wondering why we live in this style so far from any other human habitation. I believe you have the right to know, so I will tell you. You see, we have another daughter, and she has leprosy”.

Now thats just nasty got any more

/ ?????? GROAN #2,847  
Now thats just nasty got any more
Well, there's this:

Somewhere, there's an island named Trid. On this island, the Trids were mostly very happy. But on one end of the island, was a very tall mountain. If a Trid ever dared to climb the mountain, he didn't get very far because a giant lived on the mountain and would kick the Trid off his mountain.

One day, a Rabbi visited the island and went exploring. He was nearing the mountain, but a Trid stopped him and said, "You don't want to go up there, a giant lives there and he'll kick you off". The Rabbi thought about it and said, "Maybe I can talk to him".

So the Rabbi started up the mountain, stopping every little while to look around. He saw no sign of the giant. As he reached the top, he stopped again and looked around but didn't see the giant.

Finally, at the top of the mountain, he spied the giant sitting under a tree and the giant turned and saw the Rabbi. The Rabbi said, "Aren't you going to kick me off your mountain?" And the giant replied (you're going to love this)

"Silly Rabbi, kicks are for Trids!"

/ ?????? GROAN #2,848  
A preacher, priest and rabbi were caught playing poker for money and arrested, they appear in court and the charges are read individually, the preacher was first, you are charged with gambling how do you plead, not guilty he says, the judge replies, as you are a mon of the cloth I accept your word, case dismissed.
The priest is next and the same scenario unfolds, case dismissed.
The rabbi fronts the judge and the charges are read, you are charged with gambling how do you plead, the rabbi replies, who with?

/ ?????? GROAN #2,849  
A government representative stopped at a farm and told the old farmer, "I'm here to inspect your farm." The farmer said, "Fine, but just stay out of that field over there." The government man puffed up. "Sir, I have the authority of the United States Government behind me. Do you see this card? I can go wherever I please on your land." The farmer shrugged and continued with his chores. Soon, he heard a loud scream from the very field he had warned the agent about. He ran over and found the government rep running full out for the fence, being chased by the farmer's meanest bull. "Help! HELP!" he screamed. The farmer yelled, "Show him your card!"

/ ?????? GROAN #2,850  
A little boy was standing on the sidewalk with his right hand in his pocket and a loaf of bread in his left hand. The preacher walked by and said, "Hi, Johnny. I see you have the 'staff of life' in your hand. What's in your other hand?" The little boy replied, "This loaf of bread!"

Status
Not open for further replies.