Groovy tires

/ Groovy tires #1  

Stan B

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST
Nothing especially new here, but wanted to share. I grooved my rear tires and siped the fronts. My goal is a bit better forward traction, but mostly better steering when plowing snow. Once I drop the HLA 1800 snow pusher in float, there's a lot less weight on the fronts, so turning on slippery surfaces is not always that effective!

6BBFTk5.jpg

3gUZshM.jpg

/ Groovy tires #2  
Nice!!! That should help. Especially the front. Good pics!!!

/ Groovy tires #3  
Nice work. What made you decide to sipe through the fronts, as opposed to grooving them the same way you did the rears? More desire for turning traction than forward pull? Kinda cringe-worthy to see those nice R4s chopped up so severely, haha.

/ Groovy tires #4  
I'm pretty sure I've never saw a SCUT with worn out R4s.

/ Groovy tires #5  
I'm pretty sure I've never saw a SCUT with worn out R4s.

A friend bought a used JD 4720 I think and front R4s were pretty well slick. Rears were in decent shape.

/ Groovy tires #6  
My goal is a bit better forward traction, but mostly better steering when plowing snow. Once I drop the HLA 1800 snow pusher in float, there's a lot less weight on the fronts, so turning on slippery surfaces is not always that effective!

Yep, a non-floating plow will do that to ya.

/ Groovy tires #8  
A friend bought a used JD 4720 I think and front R4s were pretty well slick. Rears were in decent shape.

Is that a SCUT?

/ Groovy tires
Nice work. What made you decide to sipe through the fronts, as opposed to grooving them the same way you did the rears? More desire for turning traction than forward pull? Kinda cringe-worthy to see those nice R4s chopped up so severely, haha.

I siped the fronts thinking that will help more with turning.

Studs or chains for results.

Most of what I have to plow is asphalt and concrete, so studs/chains wouldn't be ideal for me.