Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him?

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #2  

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5610 G Bobcat V417 TORO+Loader
Hope somebody on here recognizes him:
1-5.JPG
5-5.JPG
2-5.JPG

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #3  
Rolling hills north of historic Leesburg, VA
Tractor
Kubota B3200, L2550, Ingersoll 7020, 2 walk behind Gravely's and a Yanmar Vi0-45 mini-ex
Not good for Ed's Machinery, and hope someone recognizes that fellow.
For anyone in same selling situation, require a copy of the cashier's check be sent to you, the day before the transaction. Then contact the issuing bank. With a copy of the check before the bank official, and the control number of the check, the bank will be able to verify the check being good.
Or deny its validity.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #4  

ROUSTABOUT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Pettibone, Ford, Massey Ferguson, International, JD, David Bradley, home mades
Who got a copy of his driver's license? Then there'd be no. question. I'm sorry, but I don't feel sorry. Cash is king. If they can write a check, they can get the cash. I've seen things bought and sold with large brown grocery bags of cash, hundreds of thousands a pop.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #5  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012) pending
uggh

did they help the thief load the tractor and rake too ?

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #6  

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7016H
Who got a copy of his driver's license? Then there'd be no. question. I'm sorry, but I don't feel sorry. Cash is king. If they can write a check, they can get the cash. I've seen things bought and sold with large brown grocery bags of cash, hundreds of thousands a pop.
Many don't feel comfortable carrying that amount of cash. And nowadays it can get confiscated if the cops have to stop you/investigate an accident/etc... And thats if the bank will even dole it out to you.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him?
OP
ruffdog

ruffdog

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5610G, Deere X744, Cub Cadet IH 982
Ed's Machinery sounds like a consignment dealer so it may have been a private persons tractor.

https://www.edsmachinery.com/

If he was willing to steal from those guys, I bet he would be willing to steal from any of us!

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #8  

big bubba

Veteran Member
Tractor
M8540
feel bad for the grifted Ed's Machinery, but can't imagine accepting a check w/o license plate or DL. what was Ed thinking? he's a proprietor. hope he has some recompense through it all.
& if it were on consignment, surely there's protocol for ensuring the private owner's equip is legally & securely sold. sorry to say, the responsibility falls to Ed

Last edited:
   / Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him?
OP
ruffdog

ruffdog

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5610G, Deere X744, Cub Cadet IH 982
He also used a fake ID:

"....mystery man who used a fake cashier's check and fake ID to steal a farm tractor..."

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #10  

ROUSTABOUT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Pettibone, Ford, Massey Ferguson, International, JD, David Bradley, home mades
Many don't feel comfortable carrying that amount of cash. And nowadays it can get confiscated if the cops have to stop you/investigate an accident/etc... And thats if the bank will even dole it out to you.
Well, I don't feel comfortable with checks. So if they want what I have, they can do as I like. I know all about confiscation. I can instruct how to get around that. Or you can have the money wired to you in my town. Money has RFID chips in it. Just like your tires do. My tires don't. Cops have scanners unmanned that pick up cash amounts. You filled out papers for so called "warranty" on your tires, match money and tires to you and vehicle. Why you think they always find dope money but never dope? Dope don't have chips. Foil is your friend.

Last edited: