Half Time show

/ Half Time show #1  

dullpain

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kioti CK4010SE HST, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.
Anybody know who pays the performers for half time shows. The network , advertisers , ???

Wonder what the Stones made for 15 min. ?? Just curious

/ Half Time show #2  
I'm sure it's ABC that payed the Stones. They are the ones that had their finger on the 5 second delay button so they could bleep a couple of things.

/ Half Time show #3  
I think the performers do it for free. There were some maximum age requirements for them because they had to stand in the tunnels for the first half, then jump around like nuts for the entire 15 mintues. Kind of ironic that the crowd had age limits but the Stones didn't. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Did anyone catch the commment by Mick Jagger before they sang their 2nd tune that they could have done that one at Super Bowl #1! Ha! It's good to see that they can poke fun at themselves. What impresses me is how he can sing and keep moving non-stop like that. Anyone else 62 years old try that for 15 minutes straight, let alone a whole concert? We've seen them three times in concert and he ain't slowing down much at all.

Congrat's you Steeler fans!!!

/ Half Time show #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think the performers do it for free )</font>

Boy I don't know about that.....
I heard on the radio this morning, Mike & Mike on ESPN, that the reason Joe Montana wasn't in the MVP ceremony at the beginning of the game was because the NFL wouldn't give him the $100,000 show up fee he was asking... and he was at the superbowl the whole previous week! They said they were sure some players were doing it for free, or had other paying engagements anyway, but I doubt the halftime show would be a freebie.

/ Half Time show #5  
I thought you guys were talking about the people standing around and inside the stage, not the Stones, themselves. I'm sure they got paid. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Half Time show #6  
Nominated for the <font color="blue"> Worst Audio Ever On A Half Time Show </font> award -- and the hands down winner. BTW, ABC used the tape delay twice to censor two of the songs, according to this morning's news reports. Satisfaction wasn't one of them.

/ Half Time show #7  
<font color="blue">( Nominated for the Worst Audio Ever On A Half Time Show award -- and the hands down winner. ) </font>

Well, I for one appreciated the fact that they didn't LIP-SYNC their act like other's have in the past.

/ Half Time show #8  
According to the USA Today on Friday - the half time performers do not get paid. They do it for the publicity. Record sales tend to go up significantly the week after the super bowl (even for already famous acts). The article gave stats for Paul McCartney before and after the game - the increase in sales was impressive. (many 100s percent increase).

Joe

/ Half Time show #9  
Too true, Gatorboy. My comments were strictly aimed at the production people responsible for the sound.

When the set was over, Keith Richards looked really mad about something. My wife remarked that perhaps he was angry with the audio. It sounded awfully tinny in our living room. Same for the singing of the national anthem.

If others didn't hear it that way, then it may have been a problem with the satellite uplink from our local ABC station, although we didn't have any problem hearing John Maden rambling on, and on, and on,,.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Half Time show #10  
At the start of their first song, I saw Mr. Jagger reaching behind his back and adjusting something and then giving a dirty look towards the sides. Perhaps his mike wasn't working correctly. He's known as a perfectionist when it comes to giving a good show. The sound wasn't too bad at our house, considering it is a low power station that blips out when the cats walk by the rabbit ears. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The times we saw them in concert, everything was great. Really good shows. Lots of energy.

I'd like to see them do a blues show in a small club sometime.