Happy Wife

/ Happy Wife #51  
That's fantastic, Eddie. Her smile says it all. :thumbsup:

/ Happy Wife #52  
When Dad was 34 he had thyroid cancer. Brother and I were kids. Operation here, but grandfather was a physician and insisted he go to Sloan Kettering, so we went with him to NYC. It had metastasized, surgeon gave us bad news...not much chance of survival. However, the doctor there said Dad had tremendous will power. He said he could tell he would make it.
After a month or two after radical surgery they sent him home. I helped him cut trees on the farm and he split logs. Worked hard.
He lived a long happy life, passing away a few years ago at 89. He loved Mom, his smiling picture is by her chair. She's 92.
I miss Dad my best friend dearly. RIP Dad.

/ Happy Wife #53  
Some of our grandson's more radical procedures were done at Children's Hospital in Philly. Wife and I went to visit them at the Ronald McDonald's House where they were staying. What an eye opener that was. Twins with cancer, etc., etc. During the "down times', the parents help with changing the beds, providing support, whatever. There are times when someone goes to a room to see so and so but the room is empty. "Well, they did not make it". Heartbreaking and hope for sure. And, kudo's to Ronald McDonald House for what they provide.

/ Happy Wife #54  
Will Power is often underestimated...

I have seen what it can do both ways.

I dear friend lost her husband to a heart attack... they were otherwise healthy in their 80's...

She was devastated and passed a few weeks later... she said she did not want to go on without him.

/ Happy Wife #55  
My Dad died from melanoma in ‘77 when I was eleven years old. He was 30. In 1997 I found out I had melanoma. I was lucky. No chemo or radiation or meds of any kind. Just a surgery to remove tissue in the area of a mole. I went to MD Anderson in Houston. It was eye opening for a small town fella to sit in the main waiting area and see the many patients there. And that was just the skin cancers I believe. Cancer sucks.

/ Happy Wife #57  
My Dad died from melanoma in ‘77 when I was eleven years old. He was 30. In 1997 I found out I had melanoma. I was lucky. No chemo or radiation or meds of any kind. Just a surgery to remove tissue in the area of a mole. I went to MD Anderson in Houston. It was eye opening for a small town fella to sit in the main waiting area and see the many patients there. And that was just the skin cancers I believe. Cancer sucks.
Yes! Catch it early! Don't ignore something like that. Good going!

/ Happy Wife #58  
Every day I wake up and pause to give thanks for the men, women, and volunteers dedicated to the healing arts. While we all talk about the ‘good ole days’, there is no way I or anyone else are willing to give up the incredible advances in medical science.
One year ago tomorrow morning I checked into Sparrow Hospital for open heart surgery. The procedure was 11 hours long and included 4 bypasses and a 25MM (1” dia aortic valve). Four days later I walked out of that facility under my own power and returned home. Talk about technology.
Fast forward, other than a twelve in scar it’s like it never happened.
Note to Eddie Walker and family. “This too shall pass”, Don’t count the days, make the day’s count.

B. John

/ Happy Wife #59  
That is great to hear. I always appreciate your comments and advice on the forums. I hope and pray all continues well for your family!