Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons

mikefromnh

Gold Member
I'm not sure how long they have been adding the exclusion for predator gas products? Not such a great deal now that they effectively raised prices by 25%.

/pine

Super Star Member
Glad I picked up a spare (Hemi) 212 a couple of weeks ago with a coupon...!

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
I hear stories about how HF will allow coupons on sale items but the only one local to me (50 mi.) wouldn't do that anyway. I think the sale prices on their motors are fine. Where else can you buy a 5 hp for 99 bucks?

/pine

Super Star Member
From what I've heard from other sources HF will still accept coupons on the Predator (stand alone) engines...but not items powered by Predator engines whatever they may be ??

crazyal

Tractor
Kubota, Case, Deere
I think in store is a crap shoot. Some cashiers will take a coupon for anything while others will not. I bought a tool box that was exempt. When the first cashier said no I said the price was too high and I would wait for a sale. So I went back to shopping. When I was done a different person was at the register so I tried again and had no problems.

/pine

Super Star Member
I think in store is a crap shoot. Some cashiers will take a coupon for anything while others will not. I bought a tool box that was exempt. When the first cashier said no I said the price was too high and I would wait for a sale. So I went back to shopping. When I was done a different person was at the register so I tried again and had no problems.

I heard the same thing from a lot of guys on another forum where there is a lot of Predator engine buyers/experts etc...

parvodog

Tractor
JD 4300
It just says "Predator Gas Powered Items." So I would think stand alone engines would be exempt.

20off_09.jpg

Tim

Last edited:

Brad_Blazer

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kama554; 92 Belarus 250AS
I think that coupon restriction coincided with the introduction of the log splitter.

Jim Timber

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5065e MFWD w/553 FEL
They have parking lot sales about 4 times a year and always seem to have the big ticket items dropped to the 20-25% sweet spot without allowing further discounts. So if you can't get it past a cashier, all hope isn't lost.