Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons

/ Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons #1  

mikefromnh

Gold Member
I'm not sure how long they have been adding the exclusion for predator gas products? Not such a great deal now that they effectively raised prices by 25%.

/ Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons #2  
Glad I picked up a spare (Hemi) 212 a couple of weeks ago with a coupon...!

/ Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons #3  
I hear stories about how HF will allow coupons on sale items but the only one local to me (50 mi.) wouldn't do that anyway. I think the sale prices on their motors are fine. Where else can you buy a 5 hp for 99 bucks?

/ Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons #4  
From what I've heard from other sources HF will still accept coupons on the Predator (stand alone) engines...but not items powered by Predator engines whatever they may be ??

/ Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons #5  
I think in store is a crap shoot. Some cashiers will take a coupon for anything while others will not. I bought a tool box that was exempt. When the first cashier said no I said the price was too high and I would wait for a sale. So I went back to shopping. When I was done a different person was at the register so I tried again and had no problems.

/ Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons #6  
I think in store is a crap shoot. Some cashiers will take a coupon for anything while others will not. I bought a tool box that was exempt. When the first cashier said no I said the price was too high and I would wait for a sale. So I went back to shopping. When I was done a different person was at the register so I tried again and had no problems.

I heard the same thing from a lot of guys on another forum where there is a lot of Predator engine buyers/experts etc...

/ Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons #7  
It just says "Predator Gas Powered Items." So I would think stand alone engines would be exempt.

20off_09.jpg

Tim

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons #9  
I think that coupon restriction coincided with the introduction of the log splitter.

/ Harbor Freight now excludes predator engines from coupons #10  
They have parking lot sales about 4 times a year and always seem to have the big ticket items dropped to the 20-25% sweet spot without allowing further discounts. So if you can't get it past a cashier, all hope isn't lost.