Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued?

/ Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #21  
   / Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #22  
To use cat 1 implements on a QH it needs to be adapted up to cat 3 pins. 1 1/4 top and 1 7/16 inch bottom. One inch water pipe doesn't fit on a quality QH. Plus the ID is wrong unless a bushing is inside. For the OD it will work on the top of a cheap out of spec one such as the Harbor freight.

/ Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #23  
Harbor Freight hitch example.

Attachments

• Untitled Note - Aug 24, 2021 10.52 PM.png
    Untitled Note - Aug 24, 2021 10.52 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
   / Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #24  
Land Pride QH10 seems to be $400~500 per a brief search.

HF what? $129?

Either is fairly priced. Depends on what you want.

For what I use it for, the HF is sufficient. (And was half of today's price when I bought it). But I don't rototill with it, that's the one implement that can't be made compatible.

/ Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #25  
There are other low cost QH out there that are closer to spec vs the ones HF sells.

The HF quick hitch could be decent if the clearance issue with the top hook was fixed along with making the pin fit closer to specifications. It is durable enough.

/ Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #26  
I bought my HF QH for $59 plus tax when they brought out a nasty dusty old box that was likely in the back for years. It was discounted to $79 but I offered $59 and the manager said fine but it can't be returned unless it is physically defective. I said fine and never turned back. I figured I could make it work for most of my implements and so far I have. I found one QH I would rather have that is a true category 1 at all three points. However until I get more attachments it is not worth it to switch.

Catigory 1

/ Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #27  
I think SpeeCo and Land Pride have cat 1 quick hitches that use cat 1 pins. The Land Pride is a QH10. There are a few off brands also.

I'm modifying the Harbor Freight hitch to fit tighter. At $12 total cost (Rural King) it's not that expensive for precision upper and lower bushings.

/ Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #28  
... I'm modifying the Harbor Freight hitch to fit tighter. At $12 total cost (Rural King) it's not that expensive for precision upper and lower bushings.
I had Cat1 & 2 3PHs for a while so I put Cat1 pins on all equipment & slipped TSC Cat2 bushings onto 'em as needed to hook up to the Deeres. btw, never used my HFT QH, I'm off the seat checking/adjusting top link and sway chains/bars, hooking up PTO, warming up, etc anyway.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #29  
The word "Clearance" is part of the item description, not the status as to whether HF is going to continue carrying this item.

Do a search on the HF home page for the word clearance, items that are being phased out are denoted by the word clearance in a yellow arrow.

/ Harbor Freight Quick Hitch Discontinued? #30  
The word "Clearance" is part of the item description, not the status as to whether HF is going to continue carrying this item.

Do a search on the HF home page for the word clearance, items that are being phased out are denoted by the word clearance in a yellow arrow.
It was discontinued last year.....