Hard water deposits slowing flow.

/ Hard water deposits slowing flow. #1  

Ed of all trades

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere X310, JD LA 145
We have hard water and a few weeks ago the cold water in the kitchen sink was fine and then it looked like it had backing soda in it and the flow dropped to about 1/2. We replaced the faucet and it did not help. Anyone have this problem? and if so what did you do to fix it. I am stumped. It only effected that faucet and it is still about 1/2 flow. Thanks Ed

/ Hard water deposits slowing flow. #2  
Do you have any cast iron in your system? Usually in fittings near the bladder tank or filters. Ours was 80% blocked with plaque. Occasionally a piece will dislodge and move up stream limiting flow.

/ Hard water deposits slowing flow.
Nope nothing but pex. Thanks

/ Hard water deposits slowing flow. #4  
Try replacing the stopper valve on the cold supply. Could be a hunk oof lime build up moved to there and clogged. Another option is to turn water on at sink; then exercise the valve.

The stopper valve is an idea I will check it in a couple days when I get the chance. Mom's 91 birthday is Sunday and I need to go see her Saturday, it is when I can and church and my sister will keep Sunday busy. Thanks.

/ Hard water deposits slowing flow. #6  
Try replacing the stopper valve on the cold supply. Could be a hunk oof lime build up moved to there and clogged. Another option is to turn water on at sink; then exercise the valve.

If you remove the valve , clamp some flexible hose on the pipe and put it out the window or outside and let the water rip and flush it out .

/ Hard water deposits slowing flow. #7  
If you remove the valve , clamp some flexible hose on the pipe and put it out the window or outside and let the water rip and flush it out .

Or pull the trap and point it down the drain under the sink to flush the line. Did you replace the flex lines when you replaced the faucet?

/ Hard water deposits slowing flow. #8  
I have issues with the cold water line on my clothes washer but never the actual house pipes, I take the cold supply line off and dump some iron out down it and that clears it up pretty well. I have used CLR in the past too but that didn't work as well

I think that Monday I will just cut the cold water line below the cutoff and clean up the bottom of the valve and put it back with a shark bite coupling. Be quick and easy.

/ Hard water deposits slowing flow. #10  
Also try taking the screen flow restrictor off the end of the fixture ( where the water comes out).. They usually stop up & cause flow problems