Has anybody tried the lead free ammo?

/ Has anybody tried the lead free ammo?
Oddly, based on frequency, you shoot more than I do
Not any more. When the ammo shortage hit I had to stop. I've burned less ammo in the last two years than I used to in a week... and when I do shoot, the lack of practice shows.

/ Has anybody tried the lead free ammo? #32  
I feel you ! Took me about 150 shots to get back into the groove recently. Luckily sighting in all of this seasons hunting guns got me a few weekends of good practice and testing.

/ Has anybody tried the lead free ammo?
I feel you ! Took me about 150 shots to get back into the groove recently. Luckily sighting in all of this seasons hunting guns got me a few weekends of good practice and testing.
I've since stocked up on ammo but regular shooting has to be a habit... one which I haven't gotten back into yet. I also have been buying reloading equipment and reading up on how to use it. If primers ever become available again I have a couple of friends who can make sure that I get on the right track. First though, I need to become more familiar with the process and proper techniques.

/ Has anybody tried the lead free ammo? #34  
My groups tightened right back up. I’ve looked at reloading but I already have a full archery shop setup and my lathe stole the space for a reloading bench.

/ Has anybody tried the lead free ammo? #35  
I got a friend that reloads coming for rifle season. Just finishing get all supplies together and have him show me the ropes. Really just planning to reload 30-30 and 35 Rem but who knows.

/ Has anybody tried the lead free ammo? #36  
Not any more. When the ammo shortage hit I had to stop. I've burned less ammo in the last two years than I used to in a week... and when I do shoot, the lack of practice shows.
I'm blessed that my wife enjoys it, I spend more time working with her than shooting myself. Place up the road is a training center for KC police. They have an open to the public zombie shoot this weekend, should be fun. I can still hit stuff, but, will never get any real speed back without a lot of work, and new eyes. It is fun to see how much she improves any time we work on a serious skill. Grandkids come down a few times a year and shoot the 22's. I think the most fun we have is stringing up a dozen eggs and shooting them from bench with a little wind so you can time the swing. It is fun, I have to do it all the time if I don't want it to be embarrassing, so just for fun now.....

Best,

ed

/ Has anybody tried the lead free ammo? #37  
I've since stocked up on ammo but regular shooting has to be a habit... one which I haven't gotten back into yet. I also have been buying reloading equipment and reading up on how to use it. If primers ever become available again I have a couple of friends who can make sure that I get on the right track. First though, I need to become more familiar with the process and proper techniques.

Be wary of people who think they know what they are doing. Reloading manuals will get you started on the right track.

I have been reloading for over 50 years (pistol, rifle and shotgun) and still learn stuff. BTW, if you ever need help PM me. Glad to help if I can.

/ Has anybody tried the lead free ammo? #38  
Be wary of people who think they know what they are doing. Reloading manuals will get you started on the right track.

I have been reloading for over 50 years (pistol, rifle and shotgun) and still learn stuff. BTW, if you ever need help PM me. Glad to help if I can.

Good advice right there. I load for probably 15 to 20 different calibers, and I learn new stuff all the time too. I've never loaded or even fired an all copper bullet yet.