Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before?

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before?
Well, I decided to sell the mighty digger. Since I already have a mini x it wasn’t doing anything for me. I bought a junk skid loader now. I thought it would be handy to have around but after the first half hour of working on it I might sell it to.
IMG_0664.JPG

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #22  
I had somethin similar that was called a 'Cricket' since it hopped to move using the boom.
Paid $1000. earned probably $2000 and sold it for $1000.
Was very useful in tight places and steep slopes.
Amazingly strong but also slow.
They were a favorite for trenching for hedge planting at rental yards for a while.

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #23  
"Junk skid steer" sounds like a nasty can of worms. Even broken is pretty bad for skid steers as they are not treated nicely.

"Junk skid steer" sounds like a nasty can of worms. Even broken is pretty bad for skid steers as they are not treated nicely.

The hydraulics look good but the engine is running challenged.

The skid loader has a blown head gasket and probably needs carb work. Hopefully with that done it’ll be operational. Otherwise I’ll probably sell it.
IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #26  
Looks like a Briggs configuration, tiny engine for a skidsteer...

Yeah that's likely all that type needs.

Looks like a Briggs configuration, tiny engine for a skidsteer...

Yeah that's likely all that type needs.

It’s a 4 cylinder Wisconsin 30 hp. It’s only a 2900 pound skid steer.

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #28  
Heck man if its just engine stuff you haven't even got to the fun part of working on a skid steer yet! :ROFLMAO:

<says a man with a 2900 lb Erickson 2548 skid steer. In his shop. :cautious:

I will say this.. if you have to work on broken skid steers in a small shop.. an electric pallet jack is a wonderful thing. Another near-junk purchase I revived 'enough' and use here and there.

I got the skid steer running decent and decided I better move it along while it was still running. I traded it for a 4 wheeler. I nearly bought another skid steer with a non running kubota diesel for $1500 last week but I decided against it.

Attachments

• IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
   / Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #30  
Looks like you keep trading up (y)

I was wondering how them outriggers on that little hoe worked...then you posted the picture where you were digging....Cause the first pic I though man them are in the way.

The hydraulic tank looks just like the tank on the ditch witch trenchers....that triangle shape.

Looks like you keep stumbling into some fun and cheap projects...