Has anyone tested/increased hyd psi on 3000-20 series?

/ Has anyone tested/increased hyd psi on 3000-20 series? #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
I've been contemplating doing about a 10% boost to mine...

/ Has anyone tested/increased hyd psi on 3000-20 series? #2  
No, I haven't checked it but I like the sound of boosting it slightly.

/ Has anyone tested/increased hyd psi on 3000-20 series?
OK, so I tested mine using my liquid filled 3,000 psi gauge plugged into the 3rd SCV port. It swings quickly to 2200, then slowly builds to 2450psi. Spec is 2500. I consulted the dealer and found that this is an adjustment and no parts needed! I managed to adjust mine after only removing the seat platform. I now swing to 2500 and creep to 2750psi.

/ Has anyone tested/increased hyd psi on 3000-20 series? #4  
Any noticed change in performance?

Hard to tell. It already lifted plenty, I just wanted more break out performance. I've been experiencing air in the system since about new so maybe if we ever find this I'll see a big change...

/ Has anyone tested/increased hyd psi on 3000-20 series? #6  
KennedyDiesel said:
OK, so I tested mine using my liquid filled 3,000 psi gauge plugged into the 3rd SCV port. It swings quickly to 2200, then slowly builds to 2450psi. Spec is 2500. I consulted the dealer and found that this is an adjustment and no parts needed! I managed to adjust mine after only removing the seat platform. I now swing to 2500 and creep to 2750psi.
What did you have to change to get the increase in the PSI? Did you have to remove the seat? My prior Kubota 3710 seemed to have more lift, although the specs slightly favor the JD loader. I also use a bobcat PHD which is ideally suited for 3000 psi. I won't go that high but a 10% would be nice.

If you lift the seat you can just barely see the 3 SCV's. You'll see an adjusting bolt with a jamb nut. Loosen the nut and turn in the bolt until the pressure reads what you desire. Removing the black plastic cover that runs fender to fender will make access a piece of cake, but I did not see how the shift, rockshaft, and 3rd svc knobs came off so I snuck my wrenches in thru the crack.

This mod CAN reduce pump life, but the only time it puts strain on the pump is when you are operating at this psi which would be lifting/digging, etc. You'll also want to be careful what you lift and make darn sure that you properly ballast for the load...

/ Has anyone tested/increased hyd psi on 3000-20 series? #8  
On heavy quip. that is called a power tune,but I think you only turned up the
3rd scv,check your 1st and 2nd scv's and see what they are reading.On a trackhoe you have to do each scv one at a time.You are not changing the pump psi but the relief psi per scv good luck

minimax

/ Has anyone tested/increased hyd psi on 3000-20 series? #9  
On the 3x20's there is only one relief valve on the multi-spool SCV block.

/ Has anyone tested/increased hyd psi on 3000-20 series? #10  
I know you guys are good at these things, so where is that adjustment on the 2210? I assume you take this cover off and adjust screws 18 and 19?

Attachments

• MP30257________UN01OCT02.gif
    MP30257________UN01OCT02.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 253