Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #1  

Qapla

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D HST 4WD FEL/BH
We have a couple of tires that keep losing air. The leak is slow enough that it does not show up even in a water bath.

Has anyone tried using "Slime" tire sealant in their tractor tires? Does it work? How much would one use in the back tires?

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #2  
We have a couple of tires that keep losing air. The leak is slow enough that it does not show up even in a water bath.

Has anyone tried using "Slime" tire sealant in their tractor tires? Does it work? How much would one use in the back tires?

I think I recall some folks praising the stuff. Personally, I never put it in my tractor tires, nor would I do so. I tried it in some smaller tires; lawnmower tires, and even with a large quantity, it did no good. But I'm assuming some others have had a different experience.

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #3  
I have used it in small tires like Bird. I tried it twice, worked great once and did not work worth beans the 2nd time.

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #4  

Yes, I used it in both tractors and my trailer ties. When I first bought the BX, I had a lot of flats from thorns. No flats to date.

It did not seem to affect the integrity of my rims when I changed a cut front tire last summer. The bottle has tire size and quantity information on it.

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #5  
I used it in my lawnmower tires with 16 ounces per tire. It stopped the slow leak. I too would not put it in tractor tires. I have heard that you can never get it out enough to where a patch will hold once you use the slime.

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #6  
Did the trick.... I put it in several years ago in the fronts and so far so good.

Had the rears foamed filled... so there is no air to escape.

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #7  
Just input some about two weeks ago in a tire that would go soft weekly. It solved the problem ..... but use caution when removing the tube from under the label on the bottle. I ended up with a leak out of the side and threw half a bottle away.

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #8  
I have had mostly good & bad luck only once on small tires - air compressor, wheel barrow & Craftsman lawn tractor front tires & Craftsman cart tires. Bad luck was due to the leak being a bad seal at the bead, not a puncture. Had to get the tire off the rim, clean all the slime off both rim & tire, then scour the rim's bead area with a scotchbrite pad. After that it holds air fine.

As long as you're dealing with a puncture in the tread part of the tire and the tires are tubeless, I think I'd use it, even on my Kubota's rears.
-Jim

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #9  
I use it in everything that goes off road. Tractor, UTV, golf cart , work trailer. with all of the mesquite thorns around here nothing would go more than a few hours with out going flat. I buy it a gallon container that comes with a pump. yes you have to add more from time to time.

/ Has anyone tried "Slime" in the tires #10  
I too had a slow leek in a front tire of my JD-3520. Needed topping up every few days. Read some good reports on here, so went out and bought a can of Slime.

When I came home, my SIL warned me not to use it. He was quite serious and spoke of his and other's bad experiences. Dropped into my local tire-man and when I mentioned the Slime,.. he almost threw me out!! Told me if I put that crap in my tire,...NOT to ever bring the tire to him for repair!!

He told me stories similar to my SIL's,..so I decided against using it. Put a new tube in the tire instead.

However,... I suppose if it works for some,..then great! To each his own eh?

CHEERS, ..and Happy New Year !!
. . tug