Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #21  
I'm assuming you have brakes on both axles and a high quality trailer brake controller?
Also consider that you should load some weight in the truck bed so that your trailer won't push you around in curves.
Don't get carried away!

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #22  
I would only be concerned about losing wood through the openings in the side rails. I'd use 1/2" ply x 12" tall to keep the wood on the deck. Once that is done, I have loaded trailers like that WAY over legal capacity but have only driven on small country roads at low speeds. The only advantage to tall walls would be if the OP is loading with his FEL and just dumping the wood in.

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #23  
I would only be concerned about losing wood through the openings in the side rails. I'd use 1/2" ply x 12" tall to keep the wood on the deck. Once that is done, I have loaded trailers like that WAY over legal capacity but have only driven on small country roads at low speeds. The only advantage to tall walls would be if the OP is loading with his FEL and just dumping the wood in.

My experience is that trailer ratings aren’t a suggestion and are pretty tight. The axels, tires, and springs can’t take much more. It appears the op has a tubing frame trailer which is a plus. There’s some angle iron frame 7k trailers that I don’t trust with that much.

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #24  
Definitely NOT plywood. It warps too easily and will de-laminate in a year or so along the exposed edges. Plus it's great for splinters.

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #25  
Definitely NOT plywood. It warps too easily and will de-laminate in a year or so along the exposed edges. Plus it's great for splinters.
The OP stated in his first post that the sides would be removed most of the time.

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #26  
Keep in mind that some of that weight goes on the truck through the tongue of the trailer.
You can get more on there then you think & not be overloaded.
+1 I found this out the hard way and managed to bend the frame on a 2500 Yukon with a load of big green wood not over 30 high on this type trailer.

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #27  
+1 I found this out the hard way and managed to bend the frame on a 2500 Yukon with a load of big green wood not over 30 high on this type trailer.

That does not sound right, can you expand on this?

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #28  
I used 3-1 x 6" CCA for my sides with an angle iron top edge. HPIM1245.JPG They a jointed at 7'/9' for easier handling 8 PC Utility Trailer Wood LH / RH Sides Latch Rack Stake Body Corner Brackets | eBay. These sides are over 20 years old & still going strong!

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #29  

I would like to hear more about this also. I own a 02 yukon 2500 and its my primary tow vehicle

/ Hauling firewood on a landscape utility trailer #30  
I would like more info on this. What part of the frame? I own a 02 yukon 2500 and its my tow vehicle