Have any strange delivery experiences being rural?

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #81  
Multiple times I have had people google my name on their phones, even though I gave them my address, and they end up at a property I used to own about five miles away.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #82  
Multiple times I have had people google my name on their phones, even though I gave them my address, and they end up at a property I used to own about five miles away.
Even though my house isn't all that hard to find, I always give directions because a GPS will take you a very roundabout route. Sometimes people even follow them... :rolleyes:

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #83  
For many years, GPS has routed delivery drivers up my neighbor's driveway to get to my place. The driveway is a steep two rut jeep road yet these idiot drivers will attempt to take large trucks through. They just ignore the signs that say "Private Drive", "No Through Traffic" and "Your GPS is Wrong!" I wind up having to bring the tractor down and pull them out when they get stuck.

I guess enough people complained, including my neighbor and myself, that the GPS map database was finally updated. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of older GPS units in use with out of date maps.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #84  
I’ve had/have the same problem w gps.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #85  
Now that I think about it - yes. I had an unusual delivery about month ago. Somebody left two Zucchini's and a Butternut squash on my outer gate. Very tasty.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #86  
UPS good service
FEDx good service.
USPS good service.

They all get access to a three sided carport to put chains on this time of year. So far this month UPS twice, FEDx twice, And USPS rural carrier once.

Pulled FEDx out of snow bank 2 days ago, driver went stright to the carport to chain up.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #87  
Wow!

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #88  
Well since this Postmaster General's purpose now is to get the USPS privatized (his purpose was also to slow down the 2020 mail in ballot) good service does him no benefit.
If it's important you receive something don't use USPS if you have a choice.
That's Dejoy of the mail.
DeJoy is a verb.