Have you ever seen this kind of hailstorm in central California near the Sacramento area?

/ Have you ever seen this kind of hailstorm in central California near the Sacramento area? #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
It happened on March 15. 2023.
The elevation is only 320ft in this area.
I am enjoying sudden surprising weather.
Probably this kind weather dropping a lot of hailstones would be the last seen in my life.
jkk

/ Have you ever seen this kind of hailstorm in central California near the Sacramento area? #3  
be glad it wasnt this

Ya! We got caught in one like that back in June of 2008 in Mishawaka, IN. Up to baseball sized hail. Yikes! Damaged thousands of cars and houses. I was concerned for my wife and child's safety, as we were in a car at the time. I made them sit under the metal of the roof, not the rear window, and not the sunroof. Surprisingly, we didn't loose any glass. Every piece of sheet metal but the two passenger side door skins were dented.

/ Have you ever seen this kind of hailstorm in central California near the Sacramento area? #4  
It happened on March 15. 2023.
The elevation is only 320ft in this area.
I am enjoying sudden surprising weather.
Probably this kind weather dropping a lot of hailstones would be the last seen in my life.
jkk

Not in CA. But we had one just like that just a couple days ago here in north central Indiana. I've probably seen dozens over my life where it looked like snow, there are mounds of ice under the downspouts, and the street storm drains get plugged with ice. It's an interesting phenomenon.

I saw one that damaged a dozen or so small aircraft. It dimpled the aluminum skins badly.

/ Have you ever seen this kind of hailstorm in central California near the Sacramento area? #5  
jkk04, Did I see some graupel mixed in with the California hail?

/ Have you ever seen this kind of hailstorm in central California near the Sacramento area? #6  
Big hail is tough on cars:

/ Have you ever seen this kind of hailstorm in central California near the Sacramento area? #7  
This is the time of year we get hail around here. The largest I've ever seen - a little smaller than a shelled green pea. Most usually the size of a black pepper corn.

/ Have you ever seen this kind of hailstorm in central California near the Sacramento area? #8  
I live in Stockton and I saw the Galt area was supposed to have hail today - Plymouth is not that far away from there. We have not had hail here - just like rain / sprinkles.