Headphones/Ear Buds

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #11  
I too have the ISOTunes Pro and they're great as far as immediate connecting, blocking noise, sound quality, battery life and comfort.
My only complaint is the actual foam earpieces don't last, maybe a couple of days of 4-5 hours a day. The inner hard plastic that screws onto the stem in the bud bud cracks and won't hold in place. If the replacement cost for the foam earpieces was more realistic I'd get a bunch of them but 'fraid not. As well, they are proprietary and there is no after market available. Screen shot for 5 pair right from ISO Tunes or 3 pair from Lee Valley, ridiculous for some foam.
View attachment 798717 View attachment 798718

This is what I use now, they're not noise cancelling but do block a bit so I use them alone when outside messin' around with no/not much noise. If I'm mowing or trimming I use a pair of muffs over them with no discomfort at all as they're inside the foam earpieces.
Well over 8 hours battery life, immediately connect, good sound (not quite as good as the ISOTunes but more than good enough for a non-audiophile) and if you want to carry the case with you, you can easily carry them in your pocket.
The volume, skip, fast forward etc controls are by tap on either bud so you don't have to root for your phone or in the case of the ISOTunes for the control pod.
The price is more than reasonable and their warranty is awesome. I thought I had a fault with the first pair I had bought ( I didn't, it was my phone) , contacted them and was sent a replacement pair no questions asked.
View attachment 798719
I did have a pair of these but I've got odd shaped ear holes I guess and after a couple of hours they would start to ache, they worked great but it was me with an odd head that was wrong :).

View attachment 798720
I had problems with the first pair I got off Amazon, including the plastic rings inside the foam ear buds cracking, which you described. As far as the problem with the headset itself, they sounded muffled to a caller when I was talking to them on the phone. So contacted Isotunes directly through their website about all tht, and they sent me a free new headset, as well as a bunch of spare foam earbuds.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #12  
I have Bose QC Bluetooth earbuds. They are pricey but they work well for noise cancelling.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #13  
My suggestion would be to go to an Audiologist and get a set of custom molded earplugs for the hearing protection. Then get a Bone Conduction headset.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #14  
I use the Bose QC, they are amazingly good and amazingly expensive. I use them for everything including forestry work with chainsaws.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #15  
I use Worktunes for all sorts of noisey jobs (Chainsawing, mowing, Tractoring, etc) to listen to music or baseball and they work great. I also have a noise canceling headset, but Worktunes works better even though it doesn't have noise canceling.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #17  
This is what I use now, they're not noise cancelling but do block a bit so I use them alone when outside messin' around with no/not much noise. If I'm mowing or trimming I use a pair of muffs over them with no discomfort at all as they're inside the foam earpieces.
Well over 8 hours battery life, immediately connect, good sound (not quite as good as the ISOTunes but more than good enough for a non-audiophile) and if you want to carry the case with you, you can easily carry them in your pocket.
The volume, skip, fast forward etc controls are by tap on either bud so you don't have to root for your phone or in the case of the ISOTunes for the control pod.
The price is more than reasonable and their warranty is awesome. I thought I had a fault with the first pair I had bought ( I didn't, it was my phone) , contacted them and was sent a replacement pair no questions asked.
View attachment 798719
I've a pair of Air Sport AND a pair of the Go Air Sport.
One of the frustrating features of the cheaper Go Air Sport is they come on FULL BLAST AT MAXIMUM VOLUME. So I when I use them I DON'T put them in my ears until I tap the volume down a lot.
I've about 5 pairs of BT earbuds working and just leave them paired to various devices.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #18  
One of the frustrating features of the cheaper Go Air Sport is they come on FULL BLAST AT MAXIMUM VOLUME
Yes they do, not a deal breaker but it is annoying. I don't remember them doing that when I first got them, they could have but I don't remember.
If I could find a pair of in-ear buds that are comfortable and don't feel like they're going to fall out I would prefer them. I've tried quite a few brands from the more expensive ISOtunes to the cheapest pair I could find without luck.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #19  
I bought these ones a few years ago on Amazon.
Best $12.99 I've ever spent, lol.
They work great for mowing the lawn, my mower is super loud when I'm mowing

Mpow BH481A
You can find them Walmart.com

Last edited: