Heater for floor of tractor cab?

/ Heater for floor of tractor cab? #1  

Sean2202

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L305DT
Greetings,

Curious if any of you have hooked up a heater for the floor of a tractor cab. The tractor does have heat but there are no vents on the floor so operating for the day in sub zero weather your feet get cold. I was considering something simple that can be removed and plugged into the cigarette lighter or a separate 12v fused circuit.

Thanks for any replies
Sean

/ Heater for floor of tractor cab? #2  
There used to be all kinds of aftermarket stuff available for the old VW Beetles (air cooled).

If you're wanting to stay with electric heat, you'll want a separate fused circuit to power it.

No way the cigarette lighter circuit would carry enough current to power a heater of any significance.

/ Heater for floor of tractor cab? #3  
can buy feet warmers - just like those hand warmers. may be simpler to use on as as-needed basis.

Do you have a good circulating fan in the cab? if not, a fan may help circulate air thru the whole cab better. won’t get it hot on the floor, but will get some warmth down there.

/ Heater for floor of tractor cab? #4  
Here's your solution.

Remote control rechargeable heated insoles for your boots.

SmartSelect_20201030-075154_Chrome.jpg

/ Heater for floor of tractor cab? #6  
My cab has a DIY heater and I deflect heat downwards which helps a bit.
My solution was to trim and install custom carpeting that I made up from textured foam exercise matting.
The type that has interlocking 'fingers' and generally sold in packs of 4. and about 1/2 " thick.
Helps a lot!

/ Heater for floor of tractor cab? #9  
There used to be all kinds of aftermarket stuff available for the old VW Beetles (air cooled).

If you're wanting to stay with electric heat, you'll want a separate fused circuit to power it.

No way the cigarette lighter circuit would carry enough current to power a heater of any significance.
yeah, 20 amps for just 240 watts.. that's 818.91 btu's.