Heavy older PTO needs U joint repairs

Item Details
Type
Attachment
Item status
  1. Sold
I got a PTO shaft with an older brush cutter, and I knew the shaft needed its U joints replaced, so I took out the old cross pieces. Before spending the $24 to get new cross kits, I thought to check the length, and found that with a min. 6" overlap of the inner and outer shafts, it was about 4" too short, so I had to buy a new shaft. I am hoping someone can rescue this PTO, since it's a nice heavy duty one- solid 1" sq. inner shaft. One end is 1 3/8" splined and the other 1 3/8" round. Its min. length is about 31", max. safe working length is about 39 1/2". It needs Weasler 200-1400 cross kits, or generic equivelants. I priced Ag. replacements at $11 apiece, but there are no good Ag. supply stores close by. I can ship UPS commercial rate, about 25 lbs, price to be found when I have an address, and I'd like to get $20 for it, or $15 if just picked up, here in Balto. county north of Baltimore.

thumbnail_IMG_0184 (2).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0185.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0186.jpg

/ Heavy older PTO needs U joint repairs #2  
Since the inner is actual 1 x 1 you can always easily extend it.
Any good shop can do that at reasonable $$'s.

With a 1 x 1 square shaft that's a very old one.
Newer shafts are rectangular, 3 sided or of some other keyed design.

Last edited:
   / Heavy older PTO needs U joint repairs #3  
By the looks of the female section, it has been run mostly extended for some time.

/ Heavy older PTO needs U joint repairs
Yep- but once you get into the female shaft a bit, it is fine, but whoever had it wasn't kind to his tools- the u joints hadn't been greased in who knows how long? I'm hoping someone needs a 32"-39" working length shaft?
All my other PTO's are triangular in shape.

/ Heavy older PTO needs U joint repairs
Sold