Ballast heavy wheel weights M7040

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
IMG00034-20091126-1313.jpg

here is how I mounted the wheel weights without having a forklift like the dealers. Very simple to do and saves a lot on the back. All about leverage

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #2  
Neat idea.

How much do the rings weight each?

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #3  
Was thinking the same question. I have loaded the tires, but wouldnt mind have a few of these hanging around. Where did you find those?

Thanks

/ heavy wheel weights M7040
They are 200 lbs plus so very difficult to handle without a FEL or forklift. They are from the kubota dealer and is a regular option for the M7040. Mounted three rings on each side also have Cast iron hubs as well as filled tires

Decided to only use two wheel weights per wheel. The third weight just protrudes completely outside the side wall of the tire. So I have two wheel weights for sale if someone is interested. I am located Frederick
Maryland. They are heavy so if you are closeby maybe best to save on freight cost

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #7  
Looks like you came up with a good way to handle the wheel weights. Now, just wondering what you are doing that requires all that weight?

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #8  
I have an M7040. Before I put water in the tires, a full load of dirt in the bucket you could bounce the rear tires off the ground by just wiggling the bucket with the hydraulics. If you wasn't on perfect level ground...that tends to increase the pucker factor quite a bit.

I also have a grapple, and even with loaded tires I at times still pull the rear wheels off the ground, doing work with it.

I wish I had those weights.

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #9  
Congratulations, that is an elegantly simple solution to a difficult task. Forgive me if I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I couldn't tell by the picture just how you attached the 2x4 at the wheel. Looks like another block of wood, maybe with a notch in it?
I'm also curious, as the others, as to why you need so much extra weight (400 lbs. each side) above and beyond the weight of the filled tires, and you wanted to add even another 200 lb. ring!

Hi Jim, yes on the wheel hub I nailed three short pieces of 2 by 4's together the middle piece being shorter to allow the long 2 by 4 to be inserted so place the block inside the hub stick in the long 2 by 4 and then slide up the wheel weight up the long 2 by 4 until I have leverage to lift the end up on the jackstand. The weight is used for traction when excavating. It allows me to go down 6 inches or so with the bucket and fill it without stopping in one smooth motion. Also have a ballast box that I used on occasion