Ballast heavy wheel weights M7040

/ heavy wheel weights M7040
Jcummings, you are so right that weight on the rear makes this a safer tractor when lifting. I have 73 inch Bradco 4 in one bucket that adds to the weight in the front. Before adding weight I was very skittish about lifting very high.

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #12  
I have a M6800 and I put 2 weights on the inside of the rims and you can barely see them. I took the wheels off and used my motor puller and laid the tires on the floor, put the weights on, raised the wheels up and put them back on. It took me a little over and hour.

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #13  
Hi,
I have just traded for a Kubota M4900 w/loader 2 wheel drive with dual wheels can I mount the wheel weights on the inside of the wheels so I don't have to take them on and off when I put the duals on?
It should be delivered next week I can't wait!!:D

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #14  
Decided to only use two wheel weights per wheel. The third weight just protrudes completely outside the side wall of the tire. So I have two wheel weights for sale if someone is interested. I am located Frederick
Maryland. They are heavy so if you are closeby maybe best to save on freight cost
Are the wheel weights still available?

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #15  
Decided to only use two wheel weights per wheel. The third weight just protrudes completely outside the side wall of the tire. So I have two wheel weights for sale if someone is interested. I am located Frederick
Maryland. They are heavy so if you are closeby maybe best to save on freight cost
Bingo.

I mounted only two such weights to the cast centers of my M9960 for the same reason.

Last edited:
   / heavy wheel weights M7040 #16  
They are 200 lbs plus so very difficult to handle without a FEL or forklift. They are from the kubota dealer and is a regular option for the M7040. Mounted three rings on each side also have Cast iron hubs as well as filled tires
The Kubota M8126A weights as pictured are 164 Lb. each. The required bolts probably weights another 5+ Lb.s per weight.

/ heavy wheel weights M7040 #17  
I have 1550# of RimGuard in the rear tires plus a 1100# Rhino rear blade on the 3-point. I use my grapple to move rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk.

As I remember - back in 2009 when I bought the M6040 - cast wheel weights were excessively expensive. I think it required that the rear rims had to be cast also. That's why my $$$ went into RimGuard and a rear blade.

The rear blade is more than just added weight.

BTW - simply splendid DIY method on adding those weights.

Last edited:
   / heavy wheel weights M7040 #18  
I like my tractors heavy and my chics light. M5-091 cast centers, weights and radials.

Attachments

• Phone Pics 006 (7).jpg
    Phone Pics 006 (7).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • Phone71120 014.jpg
    Phone71120 014.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20221030_151444095_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221030_151444095_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
   / heavy wheel weights M7040 #20  
Nice ground.

Thanks. I grew up on this farm, I spent many of my formative years plowing this farm with a International 656 and a semi mounted 4-14s plow. When I saw this plow for sale, I couldn't resist, I use it for "Recreational Plowing".