HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ?????

/ HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ????? #1  

bullbreaker

Elite Member
Tractor
D Ranchers daughter'$
Was going to do some traveling on/in my travel trailer. I have unit fully maintained in great shape , but wanted thoughts/opinions/advise on if Trailer Aid/ Plus was way to go. As far as ease and not damageing travel trailer in case of flat tires.
I own a Craftsman 7 ton portable jack and a highlift off road jack. My concern is damageing axles ext.
I have a Heartland model with wide track (26 lrss) no problems with it so far. I never overload my trailers.

Amazon.com: Trailer Aid Plus Tandem Tire Changing Ramp: Automotive

Amazon.com: Hi-Lift Jack HL484 48" Hi-Lift Black Cast and Steel Jack: Automotive

Anyone swear by Trailer Aid/ TA PLUS ????? Or other homemade ideas or options ???? Thanks in advance !!!!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 31-MMKFE9TL__SX342_.jpg
    31-MMKFE9TL__SX342_.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 108
   / HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ????? #2  
Don't use this on any trailer. I have dealt with customers trailers and what happens is you overload the good tire/axle and bend the spindle. I have fixed a few.

Chris

/ HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ????? #3  
A bottle jack of sufficient tonnage is what I would recommend. Small relatively light weight and easy to use and store

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ????? #4  
A bottle jack of sufficient tonnage is what I would recommend. Small relatively light weight and easy to use and store

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

I could not agree more. I carry a 6 ton bottle jack, folding 4 way lug wrench, 2 pieces of 2x6 about 8" long, and a piece of 4x6 about 8" long in each of my trucks. Best $30 one can spend at HF.

Chris

/ HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ????? #5  
Well I have and have used for years on gooseneck horse trailers. Must have changed at least 15 or so tires using it. Jacking up a trailer with 2 or 3 horses inside jumping around with a bottle jack ain't for me.

I have never need to use it on my 5th wheel. A Heartland Big Country. But if you jack that Heartland with a bottle jack you must jack it by the frame. If you use an axel you will bend it.

/ HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ????? #6  
If you are using a trailer aide, I'd recommend a metal one. I've never known plastic to hold up all that well.

/ HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ????? #7  
I've had one for a few years. Have used it probably 4 times on a couple of trailers, a 7x14 enclosed and a 7x18 enclosed. Neither trailer was near capacity. No problems to date.

/ HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ????? #8  
I agree with Jimbrown. Have used things similar to the trailer aid (usually an angled 6X8) to change tires. I believe Chris if he says he has had to repair, but if we are going to bend a spindle it would be pulling a full load of Christmas trees out of a frozen rocky field with a heavy tractor. Not unusual to have at least one tire off the ground, just like driving over a curb. To me, that is much rougher than easing a trailer on a block to be able to safely change a tire on a steep slope or with moving livestock.

/ HELP/OPINIONS/IDEAS -TRAILER AID PLUS ?????
I want to thank all of You's so far for your opinions which I respect and your shareing of your experiences. I am thinking Iam just gonna stick with what I own and use the bottle jack method properly placed and heavy wedge of wood etc. A major factor in my decision was also my TT has what they call wide/track axle system.
I wanted to respond to tread soon because I've read many threads/posts and many sites includeing TBN where it seems like once a poster received help/advice and fixed his or her problem there was never a follow up or a response as to if and how it worked out.
And yes I know its not a perfect world !!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 104