HELP!! T5070 hydraulics

/ HELP!! T5070 hydraulics #1  

92b16si

Bronze Member
Having issues with my hydraulic system. My FEL was working perfectly and about 5/6 months ago from one day to the other it got really sluggish and slow, slowly lost power to lift. Changed oil and no change. now mechanic was finally able to look at it and said it needs a new pump. ( Keep in mind the tractor is in my parents farm in Mexico , I'm in the US) triangulating all this info. Called New Holland dealer. And said the pump I'm inquiring about had nothing to do with the FEL. That pump just controls steering. What else or where should I look into got in contact with a different mechanic that should be going in about two weeks, but the farm is out in the middle of nowhere and most mechanics are used to working on old Ford's and John Deeres

/ HELP!! T5070 hydraulics #2  
Having issues with my hydraulic system. My FEL was working perfectly and about 5/6 months ago from one day to the other it got really sluggish and slow, slowly lost power to lift. Changed oil and no change. now mechanic was finally able to look at it and said it needs a new pump. ( Keep in mind the tractor is in my parents farm in Mexico , I'm in the US) triangulating all this info. Called New Holland dealer. And said the pump I'm inquiring about had nothing to do with the FEL. That pump just controls steering. What else or where should I look into got in contact with a different mechanic that should be going in about two weeks, but the farm is out in the middle of nowhere and most mechanics are used to working on old Ford's and John Deeres
What did the fluid look like and when is the last time you changed the hydraulic filter?

/ HELP!! T5070 hydraulics #3  
The pump on that is actually a tandem pump. Driven end sandwiched betwwen the drive and end pump is the main hydraulic pump. The end pump is the steering pump. Both pumps draw from the same sump so the assumption would that the steering should have suffered as well if it is an oil problem, but not necessarily.

Is the loader operated off of midmount valves? If so, the problem coulb be with the priority valve under the cab on top of the rear axle housing. To rule out the pump and check this, find out if the rear remote valves are working okay. Both valve sets operate from the same pump.

Attached is a picture of that valve. I am not sure how the valve works with the solenoid on it, but I believe that when the loader is operated, the valve opens to prioritize oil to the loader over the rear remotes.

Attachments

• 3EDFADBB-C1E7-40D6-93EA-587FDA56BACA.png
    3EDFADBB-C1E7-40D6-93EA-587FDA56BACA.png
    594.4 KB · Views: 54
   / HELP!! T5070 hydraulics
Yes FEL is controlled by two tractor mounted controls in the bottom of driver seat on the driver's right hand.

/ HELP!! T5070 hydraulics #5  
Yes FEL is controlled by two tractor mounted controls in the bottom of driver seat on the driver's right hand.
Then I would steer your mechanic to the priority valve or at least find out how the solenoid controls it. Most priority valves are hydraulically demand activated, so that when the extra fluid is needed or demand is called for, a spool valve moves the extra oil to that circuit, in this case, the mid mount valve. I suspect that the solenoid is activated by a sensor for that valve somehow.
I will investigate a little more on that if I can.