Help with a 435 jd round baler

/ Help with a 435 jd round baler #1  

carey324

Tractor
john deer
I'm making 3' bales, and in the field as we speak. Any help would be greatly appreciated

/ Help with a 435 jd round baler #2  
Here's the answer I gave you on the other forum.
The problem is latch(parts key 45) isn't resetting on bellcrank(parts key 4) when tail gate is closed then when core reaches 3 ft in diameter enough pressure is applied to idler to engage twine pump idler against belt causing twine to pump oil therefore moving twine arm. Are all 5 springs attached and not disfigured?

Attachments

• EP10880________UN12JUL00.gif
    EP10880________UN12JUL00.gif
    43.4 KB · Views: 229
   / Help with a 435 jd round baler #3  
sure sounds like a spring problem to me.

/ Help with a 435 jd round baler #4  
sure sounds like a spring problem to me.
I have simular problem twine pump engages at 3 but arms won't move till the bale is complete. Causing the pump to over heat I noticed gat latch on that side was comming loose could that make the twine pump engage at3

/ Help with a 435 jd round baler #5  
Welcome to TBN
Rear gate latch not being latched doesn't affect operation of twine pump. My guess the reason twine arms don't move from home to RH side of baler is spool valve in front of pump isn't shifted in correct position when pump is inadvertently pumping oil. You need to get pump linkage to latch when gate is closed after ejecting a bale & get spool in valve to move in correct direction.

/ Help with a 435 jd round baler #6  
Welcome to TBN
Rear gate latch not being latched doesn't affect operation of twine pump. My guess the reason twine arms don't move from home to RH side of baler is spool valve in front of pump isn't shifted in correct position when pump is inadvertently pumping oil. You need to get pump linkage to latch when gate is closed after ejecting a bale & get spool in valve to move in correct direction.
Twine arms tie when bale is at five but pump anggages at 3 and dead heads

/ Help with a 435 jd round baler #7  
The reason pump dead heads is as I previously stated spool valve that was designed to control twine arms has it's control valve spool in """down position"""" instead of """"up position"""" causing pump to send oil through it's RELIEF VALVE which causes oil to get hot caused from WHAT YOU DESCRIBE AS DEADHEADING!!! Pump operating IE PUMPING oil after bale has been ejected(rear gate opened then closed) is due to """""""pump mechanism not re-latching"""""""". If pump drive belt mechanism is latched then pump drive belt has NO TENSION therefore pump WILL NOT/CAN NOT PUMP OIL.

I sold/delivered/serviced new JD rd balers until '87 PLUS custom baled hay with 2 different 435's(my 1st 435 I owned burnt after several yrs of baling)

/ Help with a 435 jd round baler #8  
Thanks for your patience. First time baling with a 435 ill check position of spool valve today

/ Help with a 435 jd round baler #9  
You're welcome For twine pump mechanism to function properly it's very important for all five(5) springs to be in place & spool in control valve can move up/down with minimal restriction. Remove any dirt or hay build up around top of valve housing & spool

Last edited:
   / Help with a 435 jd round baler #10  
Got valve right reset twine timer bales great thanks for the help