Help with three point lime hopper

/ Help with three point lime hopper #1  

Rat Rod Mac

Silver Member
I have a three point fertilizer hopper that I tried to spread my lime with and all it does is nothing. The agitator is a shaft coming up through the bottom with two pieces of flat bar that spin. The bottom has two holes that when opened all the way are about two inches square. The agitators just seem to create a hollow area and the lime doesn't drop down to fill it. Should I bolt another piece of steel on this shaft to stir up the lime? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. RRM

Attachments

• DSCN1260.JPG
    DSCN1260.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
   / Help with three point lime hopper #2  
Powdered lime or anything powdwey don't work very good in a spinner type spreader. The material needs to be pelletized.

/ Help with three point lime hopper #3  
agitator.jpg

This is a type of agitator that goes into some of the spinner spreaders. It's the one for my Cosmo P500. It's just as boomer 1025 said it might not work so good on ag lime. It does a lot of agitating I have to use a large piece of cardboard cut to fit my spreader to keep fertilizer and seeds inside. It will sling it out over the tractor without the top.

If your spreader don't have the place to attach this kind of agitator might do as you said and build onto what's in there now. If it don't work or creates problems you can always cut it out.