Help with what this Is

/ Help with what this Is #1  

greenthumb

Silver Member
Tractor
tc40, exmark lazer Z
From a relatives estate when I cleaned out the shop

What is it Screenshot_2016-07-15-18-32-32.pngScreenshot_2016-07-15-18-32-30.pngScreenshot_2016-07-15-18-32-27.png

/ Help with what this Is #2  
As good a reminder as any as to why I should tag all the obscure treasures and stuff that's apart and scattered and belongs to something else, so when my Wife or kids have to wade through the piles at least they might hopefully have at least an idea...

Cool looking thing though, if you find out what it is please let us know. If there's a patent date on it you can google the patent date and it'll come up.

/ Help with what this Is #3  
The wood rollers make me think it has textile origins.

/ Help with what this Is #4  
Do those "rollers" spin?

/ Help with what this Is #5  
A description of it would help with the pic.
Are those wood rollers as suggested?

If not, It looks kind of like a pulley for timing belts.

/ Help with what this Is #6  
Wow... a good mystery! Keep us posted.

/ Help with what this Is
I will try to describe this item.

The small rollers on the outside are made of some type of wood. They do spin. It's about 7 inches across. The shaft ihole s about 1/2 inch and there is a place for a screw to hold the shaft rod in place. The letters stamped on it appear to be C O B D the B could be a D that didn't stamp well.

/ Help with what this Is
Yes. I found it in a tool box that was in my grand father's garage and I had put away in mine 10 years ago after my grandmother moved out of thier house. He passed away in 1970 so it's been in that box probably since his passing.

/ Help with what this Is #9  
What did your grandfather do? For context clues..

/ Help with what this Is
He was a auto mechanic for a car dealer in Cincinnati and loved to barter, trade buy old stuff. Not on the hoarding side but liked go to yard sales and find deals from the stories I've been told.