Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question...

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #11  
Coffee, it makes every chore tolerable. Here is one of my granddaughters providing me coffee during the pandemic. My son has some chronic health issues so I promised my DIL I would do everything to not share the evil COVID.
View attachment 779176
Not an issue with me. I'm one of the few that is immune to Covid. Never had it ever and no vaccines either. I test myself quite regularly, always negative. Do I want it, of course not. My wife has gotten it more than once. Me, never.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #12  
I just want a strong cup of black coffee. I have a $35 - Mr Coffee. Does just fine for me.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #13  
Wife and I both drink coffee and never been able to make it taste good as what we get at restaurants. That doesn't boggle our mind nearly as much as the fact that mom's well worn Mr Coffee made fine coffee. I have to admit we would invest a ridiculous amount in a brewer that turned out coffee like the truck stop.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #14  
Wife and I both drink coffee and never been able to make it taste good as what we get at restaurants. That doesn't boggle our mind nearly as much as the fact that mom's well worn Mr Coffee made fine coffee. I have to admit we would invest a ridiculous amount in a brewer that turned out coffee like the truck stop.
A couple of thoughts;
When was the last time you cleaned the brewer by running coffeecleaner or vinegar through it? You may need to do it more than once if your water has minerals, softened or not. Ditto, running everything else through the dishwasher.
Have you tried using bottle water to see if it is your water? (We use RO water.)
Have you looked for blonde (light) roast coffee to see if that is what you like?

A clean, maintained Mr. Coffee should turn out great coffee, if it gets good coffee and water. I think that ours does.

All the best,

Peter

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #15  

I've found that it comes down to what you are putting into the coffee maker that makes the difference more than the coffee maker. I only like Tim Horton dark roast from restaurants. I don't like Starbucks, Bob Evans or Panera coffee. I like strong coffee but not bitter coffee (Starbucks)

I now only drink Decaf due to sleep issues and I have found that Costco (Kirkland) dark roast Decaf in the green can is the best I've found. I like it as well as any caffeinated coffee.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question...
I'm really with you guys from a practical perspective. That said (and I've witnessed this BUT, will leave the door open that they were simply being "nice")

Literally ever single person who's been here....and had some coffee has said it's the best they've ever had. Grounds are from local store, nothing fancy there. We're on a well (we DO have good water and that's got to be at least a small factor) the only other variable.... is the machine.

If you don't know, what it does is take your grounds.... compresses them into what they call a puck. Then, via pressure, the heated water goes through the puck on the way to your cup.

In a nutshell, that's what it does. At the end of the cycle, it spits the wet puck out into a hopper that's held inside the machine, you pull that out from time to time and dump the pucks.

I'll take an extra cold Coke any day of the week....even in winter. I am simply not a coffee person nor, am I really, much of a hot liquids person (hot chocolate, cocoa or tea for example)

Though I personally roll my eyes a bit at this..... I look at it this way. I have some toys. I have my riding mower, large tractor, industrial backhoe/loader, absolutely killer stereo (using large cinema grade horn speakers).... AND, I'm debating on replacing my 20 gallon X? horsepower Campbell Hausfield air compressor..... with a 60 gallon two stage replacement, looking at a Quincy.

She loves her couple cups of coffee during the day.... I'm ok with splurging on it. Truth be told, she will probably claw my eyes out if I do this because SHE is more frugal than me. ONLY reason she's got this one is she got it free and I put $100 into fixing it. If I ASK her about this, she'd say no, don't do it.... she'd probably rather put said funds to creating a greenhouse for herself. My thinking is, Happy Birthday..... now, if you're still going to drag me down the chat for the greenhouse, we'll do that too, it might just be slower because you're now drinking your fancy coffee.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #17  
I'm really with you guys from a practical perspective. That said (and I've witnessed this BUT, will leave the door open that they were simply being "nice")

Literally ever single person who's been here....and had some coffee has said it's the best they've ever had. Grounds are from local store, nothing fancy there. We're on a well (we DO have good water and that's got to be at least a small factor) the only other variable.... is the machine.

If you don't know, what it does is take your grounds.... compresses them into what they call a puck. Then, via pressure, the heated water goes through the puck on the way to your cup.

In a nutshell, that's what it does. At the end of the cycle, it spits the wet puck out into a hopper that's held inside the machine, you pull that out from time to time and dump the pucks.

I'll take an extra cold Coke any day of the week....even in winter. I am simply not a coffee person nor, am I really, much of a hot liquids person (hot chocolate, cocoa or tea for example)

Though I personally roll my eyes a bit at this..... I look at it this way. I have some toys. I have my riding mower, large tractor, industrial backhoe/loader, absolutely killer stereo (using large cinema grade horn speakers).... AND, I'm debating on replacing my 20 gallon X? horsepower Campbell Hausfield air compressor..... with a 60 gallon two stage replacement, looking at a Quincy.

She loves her couple cups of coffee during the day.... I'm ok with splurging on it. Truth be told, she will probably claw my eyes out if I do this because SHE is more frugal than me. ONLY reason she's got this one is she got it free and I put $100 into fixing it. If I ASK her about this, she'd say no, don't do it.... she'd probably rather put said funds to creating a greenhouse for herself. My thinking is, Happy Birthday..... now, if you're still going to drag me down the chat for the greenhouse, we'll do that too, it might just be slower because you're now drinking your fancy coffee.
It's a nice thought on your part, and chances are that it would be the last one you have to buy. However, I would consider giving her the greenhouse if that's what she would really like.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #18  
I think we see what is going on here now, you gave it away with the air compressor comment. Smart man.

Well that does sound like quite a different coffee maker and I could see why that coffee might be good.

When I still drank people would tell me to try this expensive brand of whiskey you will love it. I would not, I didn't want to go get a Champaign taste on a beer budget. So I stuck with cheap whiskey and cheaper vodka.

I'm afraid if I drank coffee from a $2000 coffee maker I may get spoiled. Sounds like your wife already is so I don't see any other alternative for what you are going to have to buy her. :D

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #19  
Maybe just buy here a Mr. Coffee at Walmart and tell her you love her. In all honesty I have never heard of a Jura coffee maker. I will have to google it.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #20  
Wow, I just looked one up! If you really loved your wife, you'd just spring the $3,799 for a Jura Z10 along with the $399 milk warmer. Even if you have to sell your tractor to afford it.