High lift coal delivery dump trucks.

/ High lift coal delivery dump trucks. #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Interesting trucks.

coal-high-dump-e.jpg coal-high-dump-c.jpg coal-high-dump-a.jpeg coal-high-dump-b.jpg coal-high-dump-d.jpg

Bruce

/ High lift coal delivery dump trucks. #3  
One of those would deliver coal to my Grandmother's house. Being the smallest and youngest person around, I got to shove the coal into the corners of the coal bin. At least gravity brought the coal to the bin, it didn't have to be carried in a canvas back pack.

/ High lift coal delivery dump trucks. #4  
Must have taken quite a while to deliver a truck load down those narrow chutes. I remember my aunt's home had a big 'ol coal furnace. We were told - "do not play in the coal bin". Two guesses where we made a B-line for .........

/ High lift coal delivery dump trucks. #5  
I remember those growing up in the 50's, very excited as a kid to see them make a delivery.

The Blue Coal co.

/ High lift coal delivery dump trucks. #6  
Living in a coal town in Pennsylvania as a kid, coal room was on one side, the coal boiler on the other side in my grandmothers basement facing the street. I really wish now I had pictures of that set up. 25 years plus working in the HVAC field, use to do a lot of oil, but nothing related to coal.

Out of curiosity, looked onlline, and there are some businesses that still deliver coal to homes in that area in Pa.

oosik, in Pa they used anthracite coal. I honestly don't know the varieties of coal in different regions of the country, but at least to my grandmothers house the coal was chipped and each piece was the size of a small throwing stone. From what I remember, the coal came down the chute pretty quick and it didn't take long to fill that coal room up.

Growing up, we use to live on those coal banks playing as kids. If you got lucky, you found a fossil in the coal (which our boys have now on the ones I found). Couple years ago went to a science musesum with the boys here in NC, and what do you know, we came across some fossils that were taken from the same town I pulled them from when I was a boy.

/ High lift coal delivery dump trucks. #7  
Yes, a load of coal being dumped into a basement coal bin.
A recipe for a dirty day as you had to get in the bin and shovel it to the corners so it would all fit,
and that cloud of coal dust would fill the cellar.
Finish up and go up the outside stairs to get some fresh air and try to clean up a bit.

/ High lift coal delivery dump trucks. #8  
Notice the solid rubber tires on the last, older truck. I'm betting that was a bumpy ride.

/ High lift coal delivery dump trucks. #9  
Notice the lack of tread on the tires in the second picture.

/ High lift coal delivery dump trucks. #10  
Notice the lack of tread on the tires in the second picture.

I see truck tires like that once in awhile on the road mostly dirt/trash haulers......