Hiniker FEL Quick Attach Snowplow

/ Hiniker FEL Quick Attach Snowplow #1  

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850
I bought a Hiniker Big Ox 7 1/2' snowplow to use on my Case DX55 FEL this year. It is quick attach so it only takes a minute to switch out from bucket to plow. We got about a foot or so of wet snow in the past day which has been our heaviest this year. I just came in from plowing the drive, and all I can say is WOW! What used to take me 3 - 6 hours using my old Ford 850 with a front and rear blade only takes me an hour now. Between the hydraulic angle adjustments, the power shuttle shifting, and the new plow, what a difference! Of course I have 4wd now, but no filled tires. I have rear weights and a filled 55 gallon rear ballast and that seems to be plenty. I can leave the plow shoes down to keep the blade up an inch or so. Then I use curl and dump to go from raised blade (gravel) to clean scraped (concrete) portions of the drive. I did have one area that pushed the tractor to the side somewhat, with the blade at full angle and trying to move a 4' windrow over. I raised the blade 6" and it straightened right out.
The Hiniker blade works great! Its 30" tall, has a chain so I can float the blade independent of the loader, and it floats/pivots from side to side to follow contours. I am glad I have it.