History of Mahindra

/ History of Mahindra #2  

Mad Mac

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5555
Here's a cool short video of Mahindra USA.

Mahindra North America History 2019 - YouTube

Poor old International Harvester. They partnered with Mahindra to try and expand the IH market overseas. Instead, their partner took the technology and training to come back and take market share away from IH in their home country. Talk about a bad break up.

In India you have to be 14 to work in a factory. Those boys and girls do good work.

/ History of Mahindra #3  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
The more I hear about certain companies, the less likely I am to patronize or promote them.

/ History of Mahindra #4  

Mad Mac

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5555
It's not all bad. Final assembly is in Houston and the FEL and wheels are American made.

/ History of Mahindra #5  

26XLman

Tractor
Mahindra 26XL Hydro
I looked at most of the brands, didn’t like what I saw. Lots of plastic especially hoods and fenders. My brother has a Mahindra and has been very satisfied. So I went to my dealer to look them over. Was impressed with its simplicity, metal fenders and hood, weight and lifting capacity. It’s bigger than the Kubota that I tried out, better built than a Deere and New Holland. So it was an easy choice. I also researched their history going back to the 50’s. Now the largest brand in the world under 100 hp? Pretty impressive being I see so many Kubota’s in my area. Backhoe, belly mower are built in the USA. I’m glad I bought it and have been very satisfied other than the poor design of the wiring harness going to the seat switch. Not an issue if you dont have a backhoe, swivel seat will pinch it if your not careful.

/ History of Mahindra #6  

TractorNH

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2655 HST Cab, Deere 350C Dozer, Case 580CK TLB
I looked at most of the brands, didn’t like what I saw. Lots of plastic especially hoods and fenders. My brother has a Mahindra and has been very satisfied. So I went to my dealer to look them over. Was impressed with its simplicity, metal fenders and hood, weight and lifting capacity. It’s bigger than the Kubota that I tried out, better built than a Deere and New Holland. So it was an easy choice. I also researched their history going back to the 50’s. Now the largest brand in the world under 100 hp? Pretty impressive being I see so many Kubota’s in my area. Backhoe, belly mower are built in the USA. I’m glad I bought it and have been very satisfied other than the poor design of the wiring harness going to the seat switch. Not an issue if you dont have a backhoe, swivel seat will pinch it if your not careful.

They're the largest brand in the world because they pretty much own the markets in India and China, the two largest markets in the world for tractors. They've been really pushing and working hard to stake a pretty good claim in the US market over the last decade and that's clear by the number of dealerships they've been establishing along with something like 3 or 4 regional final assembly plants.

/ History of Mahindra #7  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
My local a Case Construction and Ag dealer has been pushing Mahindra over Case for years. They have dozens of Mahindra tractors on their lot, and only a few Case tractors.

/ History of Mahindra #8  

Mad Mac

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5555
The dealer where I bought my Mahindra is also a New Holland dealer. He touted Mahindra.
New Holland may still be Ford blue, but it is owned by Fiat.