Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #41  
When I was working every year I'd take a camping road trip out west. A place that had an excellent breakfast one year was terrible a few years later. Different owners, different cooks etc.

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #42  
Here we have a big, as these things go, motel and attached to that a small pub, and with that a restaurant that has a Sunday morning brunch.. Very good 3-4 times a year..

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #43  
In my travels, I've found the worst examples of southern INhospitality to be at diners, especially in small towns. Once they figure out you're not from around here (or worse...a Yankee:eek:), the quality of service goes right down the tubes. Cold/undercooked/overcooked food, really slow, rude service, and for all I know they spit in your order. Penny tip for them!
Sheesh, the civil war was over a century and a half ago, get over it!
Easy to fix that, Oak...send me a PM and some easy free how to talk southern lessons over the phone can be yours! My wife & I born & lived S. Virginia all our life.
My mother born in Syracuse NY, my Dad Atallah Alabama & he said that was the end of the Civil War (the War of Northern Aggression) .

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #44  
Was in Bellingham Wa. this morning after my 50 year HS reunion last night. Hotel free breakfast was pretty bad yesterday so I hunted around for something better. Found it a place called "The Birch Door Cafe", family owned for 3 generations. Some of the best scratch made sourdough buttermilk pancakes that I have ever had, big thick slices of locally sourced bacon. If your ever near there it's worth going to. I was seated immediately but 15 minutes later the line was out the door!
They obviously mistook you for 5030 when they saw you coming.;)