Hollywood legends, I like Audrey Hepburn. Who is yours?

/ Hollywood legends, I like Audrey Hepburn. Who is yours? #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
There are so many different people we hold in high esteem, albeit for different reasons. I've been watching a lot of old movies lately and am smitten with Audrey Hepburn. So classically beautiful, a war survivor, noble by birth, talented and filled with benevolence. She's the sort of person I would have loved to have met.

Who do you like and hold up in high esteem from the classic era of Hollywood?

/ Hollywood legends, I like Audrey Hepburn. Who is yours? #2  
There "were" so many great actors. I find myself tuned into Turner Classic Movies for about 90% of my viewing time. I'm not sure I would say I "esteem" anyone simply for becoming famous, but there are many of the old stars that I appreciate. While technical quality of movies has improved greatly, we have lost the heart and soul of them. Modern movies rely mostly on effects and sex to draw an audience.

/ Hollywood legends, I like Audrey Hepburn. Who is yours? #3  
General Jimmy Stewart...USAF Ret. --- and that's why.

/ Hollywood legends, I like Audrey Hepburn. Who is yours? #6  
John wayne and Maureen Ohar'a

/ Hollywood legends, I like Audrey Hepburn. Who is yours?
There "were" so many great actors. I find myself tuned into Turner Classic Movies for about 90% of my viewing time. I'm not sure I would say I "esteem" anyone simply for becoming famous, but there are many of the old stars that I appreciate. While technical quality of movies has improved greatly, we have lost the heart and soul of them. Modern movies rely mostly on effects and sex to draw an audience.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I thought it was neat about Hepburn. She was a major UNICEF supporter, ran messages for the resistance in the war and was not plagued by scandals. My wife and I also love Turner Classics.

/ Hollywood legends, I like Audrey Hepburn. Who is yours?
   / Hollywood legends, I like Audrey Hepburn. Who is yours? #10  
Modern movies rely mostly on effects and sex to draw an audience.

I remember my Dad telling me that in the 30s he saw a poster for a movie called "Million Dollar Legs" that showed a long pair of ladies legs. He went to the movie and it was about a racehorse. Not that he did noy like horses but it wasn't what he was expecting.