home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL

/ home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL #1  

charlton289

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 massey ferguson GC 1705
IMG_20161003_101116197 - Copy.jpgHere are a few things my son and I made for my GC 1705 out of scrape metal laying around and acquiring from scrap yards cheap!!!!. We made the counter weight it has about 300lbs.on it. the chain in the bucket is held in by 2 pins for easy on/off, and my own design of land plane works like a factory made. And the cherry picker is a handy thing too it has a receiver hitch so I can use it to lift or move a trailer by removing hook and putting on ball.IMG_20170103_122726188.jpgIMG_20170103_122858753(1).jpg

Last edited:
   / home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL #2  
I am so going to LOVE this thread!!!:thumbsup: I have a blast fabricating stuff, and saving a ton off buying it.
1 question, why pins instead of a chain hook welded or bolted to the bucket? IMHO those pins bend too easy.

/ home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL #3  
How high is the chain hook above the tip of the bucket (which serves as a fulcrum or pivot) in the 'cherry picker' ? Can't tell from the front view but it looks like it might only be 3 or 4 inches (?) If so, that is one huge lever of 3 or 4 feet compared to the 3 or 4 inches. Very much weight on the front receiver hitch area and something is going to stretch, give, or break. Side view would be instructive.

/ home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL
The hook is about 24" from bucket edge I picked up my counter weight which is about 350lbs with no problem I had my land plane on which weighs about 300lbs. i have some side view pictures.IMG_20170104_122458419.jpgIMG_20170104_125655567.jpgIMG_20170104_130138579.jpg

/ home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL
I don't want to void my warranty by welding anything that's why all my additions are bolt on or pin on.

/ home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL #6  
I am so going to LOVE this thread!!!:thumbsup: I have a blast fabricating stuff, and saving a ton off buying it.
1 question, why pins instead of a chain hook welded or bolted to the bucket? IMHO those pins bend too easy.

Welcome to TBN!!!! We'll need pics when you get your tractor!!!! :)

/ home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL #7  
I don't want to void my warranty by welding anything that's why all my additions are bolt on or pin on.

Are you sure welding on bucket hooks would void your warranty??? I've never heard that before. Most dealers will weld them on for you if asked.

/ home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL #8  
Are you sure welding on bucket hooks would void your warranty??? I've never heard that before. Most dealers will weld them on for you if asked.

My dealer welded my hook and shackle mount on for free as part of his standard service for all new tractor sales so I doubt it voids any warranty.

/ home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL #9  

I agree. Unless you did something really wild which would be an obviously destructive thing, I seriously doubt warranties would be affected. My pers opinion is that people needlessly fear warrantee impact about like they run in fear of lawsuits over every little thing. It is a disease. Unless you already have some contentious or us and them relationship with the dealer I would not worry about it.

/ home made attachments for 3pt. hitch and FEL #10  
The hook is about 24" from bucket edge I picked up my counter weight which is about 350lbs with no problem I had my land plane on which weighs about 300lbs. i have some side view pictures.
Ah! That sheds a much different light on the mechanical circumstance. There is not that much of an overwhelming leverage of the receiver hitch point over the chain hook point. Should hold for most things and certainly for moving trailers around. I have rigged a quick-hitch frame to fit into the FEL on a larger tractor and welded a bracket on the bucket to accept the "top link" part of the quick hitch. I'm very cautious what I try to lift with it but a pig pole then fits the quick hitch and allows me pick up fairly heavy objects out on the end (or better/safer the close-in lift point on the pig pole.)

P1200737.JPG P1200723.JPG