Home Made Front Fenders for L3130

/ Home Made Front Fenders for L3130 #1  

moship

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST 4x4 Kubota L4740-3 HST
I was tired of getting covered with snow slush and water spray when out snow blowing, so I decided to make a set of front fenders. After contacting a few folks who tried installing them to pivot with the wheels, I decided to take the easier route and mount them stationary using the FEL attachment bolts.

The fenders are wide enough to provide splash protection when turning. Can be easily removed and will clear all possible wheel articulations & FEL movement.

Future plans include adding a small extension/flap to the bottom for further splash protection. Plan on cutting up a generic plastic mud flap or make something using aluminum sheet.

In any case I thought I would share with the group.

Front Fender 02.jpg Bracket 01.jpg Bracket 03.jpg Bracket 04.jpg

/ Home Made Front Fenders for L3130 #2  
Nice work!! Did you just buy trailer fenders??

/ Home Made Front Fenders for L3130
Thanks Ovrszd.

Yes, I used a single trailer fender and cut it in half.

Size: 10.75" wide by 31" long

Bought it locally for less than $30.

/ Home Made Front Fenders for L3130 #4  
Those look great, nice job.

L2800 w/FEL - 72" Land Pride rake

/ Home Made Front Fenders for L3130 #5  
I was tired of getting covered with snow slush and water spray when out snow blowing, so I decided to make a set of front fenders. After contacting a few folks who tried installing them to pivot with the wheels, I decided to take the easier route and mount them stationary using the FEL attachment bolts.

The fenders are wide enough to provide splash protection when turning. Can be easily removed and will clear all possible wheel articulations & FEL movement.

Future plans include adding a small extension/flap to the bottom for further splash protection. Plan on cutting up a generic plastic mud flap or make something using aluminum sheet.

In any case I thought I would share with the group.

View attachment 351326 View attachment 351327 View attachment 351330 View attachment 351332

A nice piece of 1/4 inch rubber would make a nice extension flap, just like the big rigs. Would look the best too.

/ Home Made Front Fenders for L3130 #6  
A nice piece of 1/4 inch rubber would make a nice extension flap, just like the big rigs. Would look the best too.

* looks real good! i have a 4330hstc, i ordered a set of oem front fenders from a kubota dealership in canada, part number didnt exsist in the states, 4shorts helped me a great deal, i added a mudflap like Paul did, works great, again, real nice job!

/ Home Made Front Fenders for L3130
I knew about the OEM ones from Kubota but the price was a lot more than I wanted to pay. They certainly look good though.

Perhaps I'll give the 1/4" rubber belt a try as I have some mining belt laying around. It will have to wait until after the holidays.

/ Home Made Front Fenders for L3130 #8  
Moship,i ended up using an old rubber mat for a bedliner to make mud flaps,etc, must say you get an A+! im sure you used stainless steel hardware etc, looks real good,let us know how they hold up.

/ Home Made Front Fenders for L3130 #9  
That's really nice work!