Home Made Kubota Attachments

/ Home Made Kubota Attachments #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
Thought I would start this little thread on some attachment ideas I plan to make. Then bring it back up from time to time for anyone interested as I add to my list. Anyone else feel free to throw in your attachments as well. Plenty of room for everyone. :eek: ;)

I started with some tubing and trailer hitch parts I had laying around my garage. I plan to make more as I go.

This will be a two part hitch one for straight out attachments like forks, landscape rake , snow plow, winch for use with the front bucket. Each attachment will also be available for use with the 3 point in back. A second angled receiver on the front for more ground engaging attachments like a riper or trencher. Here are a few shots of the front mounts.

Attachments

• New Attachments-1 008.JPG
    New Attachments-1 008.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 1,663
  • New Attachments-1 016.JPG
    New Attachments-1 016.JPG
    319.7 KB · Views: 1,195
  • New Attachments-1 027.JPG
    New Attachments-1 027.JPG
    325 KB · Views: 1,104
Last edited:
   / Home Made Kubota Attachments
Here is a set of forks I am working on. I bought two Bale spears and used the parts off of two adjustable ball mount ends. I will drill two more holes for pins, so they can be adjusted out for a wider stance. I will use a bumper receiver hitch I had laying around two join the tubing. Here are also a few other attachments I will be working on once I am done with the forks. :eek:

Attachments

• New Attachments-1 003.JPG
    New Attachments-1 003.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 644
  • New Attachments-1 024.JPG
    New Attachments-1 024.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 624
  • New Attachments-1 030.JPG
    New Attachments-1 030.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 569
Love this grill guard I just ordered from a member on here. I'm sure you all know Bill, or AKA Kubotabilly. This is one well made heavy duty guard. I just ordered it yesterday and it arrived tonight (lighting fast shipping).

Anyway you can do a member look up if you would like one for your BX. I just painted ur a little while ago in Kubota orange but, it comes nicely painted in silver if you prefer. I will install in the morning and take a few more shots. ;)

Attachments

• New Attachments-1 019.JPG
    New Attachments-1 019.JPG
    322.9 KB · Views: 464
  • New Attachments-1 017.JPG
    New Attachments-1 017.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 709
   / Home Made Kubota Attachments #4  
What is the ripper on the hitch for? You going to modify so you can bury wire?

/ Home Made Kubota Attachments #5  
The backhoe and forklift attachment were finished in May, the trailer hitch was built last fall. The forks are from an electric forklift. I got them at an auction for $10-the shipping papers were still on them! Sometimes it pays to take a day off from work.

Last edited:
   / Home Made Kubota Attachments #6  
The backhoe and forklift attachment were finished in May

That is a cool homemade backhoe. Did you build from a set of plans, kit or is it your own design? Where did you find the controls for it?

What is the ripper on the hitch for? You going to modify so you can bury wire?
Yes, I will use it for breaking up this rocky clay soil around here and, also to bury cable for landscape lighting etc.

I'll be ordering more tubing in a few weeks in various lengths. I plan to attach everything with pins including the base receivers so they are easy on easy off in the bucket. :eek:

Last edited:
The backhoe and forklift attachment were finished in May, the trailer hitch was built last fall. The forks are from an electric forklift. I got them at an auction for $10-the shipping papers were still on them! Sometimes it pays to take a day off from work.
Very nice backhoe and forks. Great job!! Do you have some pic's of the backhoe in action or did I miss it .:eek: ;)

Last edited:
   / Home Made Kubota Attachments #9  
Nice rear hitch. I made one like it but not near as neat. For bucket forks I used cut off truck springs and bolted them to the bottom of the bucket. Note; with this type of fork set up one must what to make sure the load cannot roll back into your lap when lifting.:D

Nice rear hitch. I made one like it but not near as neat. For bucket forks I used cut off truck springs and bolted them to the bottom of the bucket. Note; with this type of fork set up one must what to make sure the load cannot roll back into your lap when lifting.:D
I'm guessing your referring to Zionviews? receiver?

As for my forks the idea was to keep them as light and strong as possible so the little beast can lift more of a load. They can be switched front to back. Good point on the shifting load. I will be able to plug in a light back stop so loads don't shift back on me. The bottom receiver also has another attach point giving me 3 receivers total on the front bucket.

I may use the bottom attach point with the forks for a light duty top grapple while grabbing brush etc.
Any pic's of your forks? ;)

Last edited: