Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #51  
   / Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4
When I first used my small tractor, I too was sat like you with knees by ears. You may find it more comfortable to drive and control the peddles with the seat raised by about 25cm (10").

By the way, I very much like your work, especially your clutch design.

Thank you. This is an old video, there was a low seat. I raised the seat up, now sit comfortably.

It looks a bit like a Haflinger, but yours seems to have the engine in the front, where as Haflingers have it in the back.

If I'm not mistaken, the Haflinher is a small and lightweight car that is shown in the picture. Your Haflinger similar to our LuAZ-967. I used parts from LuAZ for building tractors because they are very reliable.

250px-Haflinger1967.jpg

Glad to see you on TBN, brother!
Nice tractor you have made. I generally love selfmade tractors. In our Easten European countries it is not only a technical concern, but social as well. You may even see homemade tractors for sale on the market(s).
Respect, great inspiration to finish the project and long running for your Silach (Muscle tractor), Vyacheslav!

Thank you. I am also glad to see you. Silach ready only 70% still much work to be done. In our country, too many people involved in building of home-made tractors. I see how other people with rusty metal build excellent technique which the parameters are not worse than the factory, and all this at home.

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #56  
Welcome Vyacheslav, I hope your weather improves.

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #58  
Nice work. It seems to get around pretty good for 6 hp. I like how you mounted the engine far to the front to help keep the front axle in contact with the ground when pulling.

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #59  
Thank you. I am also glad to see you. Silach ready only 70% still much work to be done. In our country, too many people involved in building of home-made tractors. I see how other people with rusty metal build excellent technique which the parameters are not worse than the factory, and all this at home.
You're welcome.
Take a look at the pics of a tractor built ~25 years ago (when it was not allowed to own private tractors) by a friend of mine. It is 4x4, with two PTOs (hydraulic) and two 3pt hitches. Engine from T-25 tractor, other components from different machines, including shortened axles. It has the articulated single cylinder steering system. Tractor perfectly works in narrow spaces, between the trees and other obstacles.

DSC00656.JPGDSC00564.JPGDSC00566.JPG

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #60  
Just curios why the goverment wouldn't allow ownership of a tractor. Is there any good reason for this . And by the way , impressive build.