Homemade Telescoping 3pt links - update

/ Homemade Telescoping 3pt links - update #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
Still hanging in there after some abuse. There is a little pressure on them though. That stop pin with the big handle is sweet, but has seen better days!!!

Attachments

• tractor3ptlink.JPG
    tractor3ptlink.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 913
  • tractor3ptlink (1).JPG
    tractor3ptlink (1).JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 641
  • tractor3ptlink (2).JPG
    tractor3ptlink (2).JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 642
   / Homemade Telescoping 3pt links - update #2  
Looks like your stabilizers are holding up nicely Rob.
If I were you, I'd cut off some of the excess on that stop pin. What do you use to retain it, that little hole and a lynch/cotter pin or something? If it ever gets bent over completely, you're not gonna get it out unless you cut it off anyway.
The handle is sweet though!

/ Homemade Telescoping 3pt links - update #3  
Good job on those. Looks OEM. Yup, that pin looks like it might even put down a small furrow when you get to movin' some material with your boxblade!

AKfish

/ Homemade Telescoping 3pt links - update
Thanks,

Well that was the neat thing about the long pin to begin with. 1) the nice handle, and 2) the long rod means I don't have to mess with a pin on the botton. It's to long to pop out. It's getting bent from the rod wanting to slide in and out, not hitting anything on the ground. It's only 1/2" and I know that metal is probably real soft, but dangit I hat to give up that handle!!

well the first time it gets bent and won't come out...I'll do something. In the mean time, I need a couple more of those nice pins!!

Rob

/ Homemade Telescoping 3pt links - update #5  
Would some long 1/2" grade 8 bolts work for the pins? Cut a 1/2" wide section off of a piece of 2 or 3 inch pipe, or square tube, and weld it to the head of the bolt for the handle.

/ Homemade Telescoping 3pt links - update #6  
I used a Cat 1 top link for my stabilizer with a drop in pin for quick disconnection.

bobodu said:
I used a Cat 1 top link for my stabilizer with a drop in pin for quick disconnection.

Yep that or a fixed lenght bar was used for sometime on the older tractors.

/ Homemade Telescoping 3pt links - update #8  
RobJ said:
Thanks,
'It's getting bent from the rod wanting to slide in and out, not hitting anything on the ground. It's only 1/2" and I know that metal is probably real soft, but dangit I hat to give up that handle!!

Rob
From the picture it sure looks like the bend starts below the marks made by the rod. Indicating that it hit something.
Nice job though, I gotta come up with something like thatr for my little tractor.

Berniep said:
From the picture it sure looks like the bend starts below the marks made by the rod. Indicating that it hit something.
Nice job though, I gotta come up with something like thatr for my little tractor.

You might be right!! No telling from what or where, this little L goes places!!