Hooks on FEL Bucket

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #41  
This idea isn't for everyone but for repetitive lifting, I use this SSQA to 3pt adapter. Assuming your tractor has a FEL with SSQA, it takes just a minute to drop the bucket and install the adapter:

It's certainly more $$ than weld or bolt on bucket hooks but it serves a dual purpose. I bought it years ago to use 3 pt implements on the FEL. I found it works better for lifting than using bucket hooks. Without the weight of the bucket, the FEL lifting capacity is increased. The lift point is closer to the pivot pins as well. I find I get 200+ pounds of increased lift over using the bucket with my LA1055 FEL.

For center point lifting, I use a clevis mounted on a short piece of 2" square tube in the adapter receiver. For two point lifting, I use pins on either side of the adapter.

BTW, the adapter is available on Amazon for $100 less than the Titan price.

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #42  
IMG_0591.JPG

B26 HD bucket.

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #43  
Talking hooks. Who and why would you choose one style over the other? chain grabbing hooks or just regular ,car towing, type hooks? I can see advantages to both.

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #44  
Talking hooks. Who and why would you choose one style over the other? chain grabbing hooks or just regular ,car towing, type hooks? I can see advantages to both.

Depends on your rigging equipment. Shackles, wire rope or synthetic straps don’t fit chain hooks. Good to have options. Wrong rigging can easily be damaged or severely strength comprised.

Simple holes in the side cutting bars of a bucket for a shackle works great. Stronger part of the bucket.

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #45  
The SSQA on the V417 has chain slots:
P7200004.JPG
20220104_144433.jpg

/ Hooks on FEL Bucket #46  
I use two, and use something off the center for heavy loads. Use the lifting tongs to hold logs off the ground for bucking. Weight stays in the middle.
This was just a glamor photo, lol.

Attachments

• poils.jpg
    poils.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
   / Hooks on FEL Bucket #50  
Depends on your rigging equipment. Shackles, wire rope or synthetic straps don’t fit chain hooks. Good to have options. Wrong rigging can easily be damaged or severely strength comprised.

Simple holes in the side cutting bars of a bucket for a shackle works great. Stronger part of the bucket.
Why not just make a short section of chain with a tow hook that would fasten to the bucket chain grab hooks for those times when you lifting with things other than chain?

Last edited: